Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 226 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

?

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

I agree ... this has been a sensible, logical debate, ... which has proposed some good pro's and con's.

I have seen copies of the Plastic British para badge, and AAC badge.
    The only clear reasoning for these specific copies comes down to the open market price of the original items.
    The original of these both have roughly a present market price of around the £100 GBP mark.
    .. And from what I suspect, the basic production of a set of molds has, through computer and laser cutting technology, become fairly straight forward and cost effective.
    Also, bare in mind that it is plastic being cast, which involves lot lower temperatures and skill.

I will try to find some images of these modern copies to gauge some differences.

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Friends
    Truly fascinating debate.
    Thank you all for bringing up various arguments both soft (would it b profitable to make them?) and hard (like Gary’s – looking at badges produced in similar technology)
    I guess there are still 2 camps believers and non-believers.

Let’s do a social experiment and do the vote among us

Are they original – Yes / No
    Estimated Value – XXXX£

Let's see what the verdict is!

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Logical points that remain true for the most part. But pause for a moment to consider the following pre-WW2 122nd Fighter Squadron set. This badge and matching document are FAKE. Made in Poland in a very limited quantity by evidently very skilled counterfeiters. On initial glance these could easily fool even advanced collectors. I have seen the badge alone listed on Allegro a couple of years ago, and suspect it was from this batch. As expected, the price fetched was high. SCARY!

Regards,
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

I agree if the investment vs reward for making a small run of repros stacks-up then of course small numbers are worth making and will be made.

Any ideas if Italian jewellers are making repro 2Polcorps badges?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I will post it again on the Badges section so we can continue the discussion on the subject there.

In terms of involvement of Italians in producing respos

Very interesting question – I have done a short “private investigation”

1. Loriol was closed down a in the late 90ts and there is nothing remaining after the company and / or its old products (they had an internal exhibition). However, it is 100% confirmed that various Ex-Combatants societies had ordered a number of re-strikes in early 80ts (3DSK, 5KDP, Enginee0rs of KDP, assault badge and Eagle (fortunately for collectors the re-strike in silver in colour so it easy to spot, Bolonski Battalion and 2 Warsaw Armoured Division and possibly others
    2. Allegedly, in the past, there had been 2 collectors who ordered re-strikes with P&B. Again, in the 80ts Sliwerski – form UK and a second person (do not remember surname on the spot) – hes was from Chicago. Interesting he also is that he come up with badge of Artillery Measurement Company of 2 Core and started selling it a as a very rare and unique badges.
    3. There is a rumour in Poland that re-strikes had been also ordered in P&B recently – but I can not confirm this at the moment
    4. Again not specifically confirmed - I have been told that recently an organised and very professional scheme was executed in Poland where by a incredibly good copies of SBS - Para Badge had been offered in number of bigger cities in Poland to “newly-reach” Poles who become collectors as an excellent investment.

Has anybody got any other information on counterfeiters?

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Hi Tony,

I agree if the investment vs reward for making a small run of repros stacks-up then of course small numbers are worth making and will be made.

Any ideas if Italian jewellers are making repro 2Polcorps badges?

?

With thanks to my friend Luc N. from Holland ...

Original Plastic para badge against a repro version ..
    (Front and rear).

Regards

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    I will post it again on the Badges section so we can continue the discussion on the subject there.

In terms of involvement of Italians in producing respos

Very interesting question – I have done a short “private investigation”

1. Loriol was closed down a in the late 90ts and there is nothing remaining after the company and / or its old products (they had an internal exhibition). However, it is 100% confirmed that various Ex-Combatants societies had ordered a number of re-strikes in early 80ts (3DSK, 5KDP, Enginee0rs of KDP, assault badge and Eagle (fortunately for collectors the re-strike in silver in colour so it easy to spot, Bolonski Battalion and 2 Warsaw Armoured Division and possibly others
    Interesting information. I wonder what happened to the dies and tooling when the factory closed if they were sold off or scrapped?

?

re the bullion PAF eagle
    sold for such a high price on ebay
    because more than likely a pre war version
    in unusually superb condition...

?

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Interesting information. I wonder what happened to the dies and tooling when the factory closed if they were sold off or scrapped?
    As far as I know, when Lorioli closed, some dealers went there and bought the resting items. They were looking for Italian fascist badges and I think that they had no interest to Polish badges, so I fear that many items may have been gone lost.
    I bought from one of these collectors, some items, coming out from the Lorioli company. I will post some photos.
    The company Picchiani e Barlacchi is still working, I contacted them, but they state to have no archive available.
    I am planning to go there personally, hoping to be able to have some informations about the production of Polish badges.
    I'll keep you informed.
    Enzo

Quote by enca View Post
    As far as I know, when Lorioli closed, some dealers went there and bought the resting items. They were looking for Italian fascist badges and I think that they had no interest to Polish badges, so I fear that many items may have been gone lost.
    I bought from one of these collectors, some items, coming out from the Lorioli company. I will post some photos.
    The company Picchiani e Barlacchi is still working, I contacted them, but they state to have no archive available.
    I am planning to go there personally, hoping to be able to have some informations about the production of Polish badges.
    I'll keep you informed.
    Enzo
    Hi Enzo,

Again fascinating information

Look forward to seeing some photos of Lorioli factory items in your collection

I didn't realise that Picchiani e Barlacchi were still operating. I would be very surprised if they did not keep the old insignia design drawings if not the badge dies themselves. Good luck with your investigations

Fellows

I have just come across an interesting Eagle.
    However, I am totally unsure if it is genuine as i have never seen this pattern before.
    I think it is PAF Eagle made of French Pattern – 1939 / 40

Personally, I think it is repo – however – again – not sure.

Any thoughts?
    Pictures to compare?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

?

I am curious, how can you think its a repro if you dont know what it is?

Page 21 of 226 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 121 ... LastLast