Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 213 of 226 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 223 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

?

I would greatly appreciate insights on these two badges, regarding likely makers/manufacture.

I am assuming that the one on the right is likely made by Spink of London. Is this correct?

Is the one on the left likely made in Palestine or Italy?

Please note that they are actually slightly different in size, the one on the left being 50mm from top to bottom and the one on the right slightly larger at 54mm. The photo is deceptive due to the raised angle of the one on the left, due to the screw fixing on rear (rather than blades).

Polish Hat Eagles
    Polish Hat Eagles
    Polish Hat Eagles
    Polish Hat Eagles
    Polish Hat Eagles
    Polish Hat Eagles

?

Correct, left is Middle.East, right Spink

Hi,
    Thank You for the post.
    Nice Eagles – overall.
    The “silver” coloured on is spink – so called “asymmetric version” made not of steal – but kind of alpaga. Most popular version of Sping Eagle
    The “black” coloured is very nice and relatively rare one – this specific variant is known to collectors and has specific “features” that are make it a known variant (multiple specimens exist). If You review historic posts – you will see this variant described – I think – from various “clues” it is most likely made in Palestine and / or Egypt (less so in Irak)

[QUOTE=DougSA;1941088]I would greatly appreciate insights on these two badges, regarding likely makers/manufacture.

I am assuming that the one on the right is likely made by Spink of London. Is this correct?

Is the one on the left likely made in Palestine or Italy?

Please note that they are actually slightly different in size, the one on the left being 50mm from top to bottom and the one on the right slightly larger at 54mm. The photo is deceptive due to the raised angle of the one on the left, due to the screw fixing on rear (rather than blades).

?

How scarce would be a Spink badge with slider, presumably soldered onto back to replace blades?

Polish Hat Eagles

?

Quote by DougSA View Post
    How scarce would be a Spink badge with slider, presumably soldered onto back to replace blades?

Polish Hat Eagles
    For me slider from this -ebay- Eagle is not genuine, its 'hand made"

Polish Hat Eagles

Eagle wz 17 made by Henryk Sztorc, Krakow.
    Picture above courtesy of T Zawistowski, "Polskie Orly do czapek 1900-1917.

Polish Hat Eagles
    Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows,
    Exceptional quality pictures of the Pre-war Eagle of PAF.
    A few versions are understood - were in circulation at the time - with some noticeable differences re material, design and fixing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,

Seems to me a relevant addition can be made to expand further our knowledge re Eagles of Polish Free Army.
    I have recently found a very interesting and highly unusual version of the Spink Eagle (so called symmetrical version).
    Please see attached pictures - red markings set out the key differences in term of avers design. In addition, interestingly, there is a different than usual arrangement of fixing (2 separated prongs) too.
    Pictures of classic version attached as well (2 prongs attached together and no-mistakes on averse)

In my view - this is the rarest version of Spink.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Although not directly related to cap / hat Eagles - I think it is worth posting - a few varieties of Eagles applied on buttons of Polish Free Forces.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    A few very nice specimens of pre ww2 Eagles of the Polish Army.
    Pattern known as "1919" - as per regulations introducing this shape / look.

Polish Hat Eagles