Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 217 of 226 FirstFirst ... 117 167 207 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2258

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows,
    Known and well liked picture,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Slightly different pattern of the Eagle by Gaunt - version for buttons of Polish Free Army
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Variant known as "Palestinian 41/42" - one of best designs - I would say
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Hello Wadowicznic,

I sincerely hope that you do not mind me rotating your photographs from the two previous posts :

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Best wishes

Andrzej

Surly not
    sorry for problems

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Wadowicznic,

I sincerely hope that you do not mind me rotating your photographs from the two previous posts :

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Best wishes

Andrzej

Fellows
    still not much known (info /pictures ect) about this - understood to be v rare PAF Eagle
    Any help you can provide - will be appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Default PAF Unit made Cap eagle

Dear Fellows,

Recently purchased PAF Eagle and also army cap eagle. Both appear to be unit or workshop made. Any further information on these eagles gratefully received.Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Hi and welcome,
    Thank You for posting those Eagles.
    In terms of advice / opinion - when it comes to "casted / workshop" Eagles - there are a few variants that have been definitively confirmed as made in the ww2 period and / or shortly thereafter.
    Nr of those Eagles are featured in previous posts. Confirmed variants in fact are relatively rare and have interesting "purpose" as they typically were made for specific regiments / schools and / or in specific places. Nr of those known variants are to be see in museums (Sikorski's in London is nr 1 for that).

The Eagles you presenting - are not known to me, personally. However, this does not mean much. Clearly - there could have been variants not yet confirmed / identified and ones that are still waiting to be discovered (as it happened with some casted variants in the past - took years to ID them).

My personal opinion should not be binding / relied upon at all.

Having said that - this forum is followed by a nr of distinguished collectors with knowledge earned over decades - and it would be fair to assume that, if you do not received "more positive identifications in the next few days" - there would only be 2 possibilities - super rare one-off Eagles and / or some sort of "replica".

My general advice would be to study this forum and then assemble collection of known Eagles, only.
    This would save a lot of money and sleepless nights.

Quote by delimata View Post
    Dear Fellows,

Recently purchased PAF Eagle and also army cap eagle. Both appear to be unit or workshop made. Any further information on these eagles gratefully received.

I have managed to find out a little bit more about the two workshop/ unit made army and PAF eagles from the seller in which he has said:-

"The army eagle was given to me by my fathers eldest brother who served in North Africa ,Italy and France and Germany. Ihave had it for well over 50 years and never dreamed it was this collectable. The air force eagle came from a lady Called Betty who was a pen pal for many Allied troops including British and US paratroops, a Czech tanky and a polish air gunner ,radio operator called Jan Bokros .There were also two pictures of him but I gave them to a polish researcher in Lincolnshire who is building an archive and gives talks to schools in Britain and Poland about the polish forces in exile. As he was the only Polish person she wrote to I assume the badge was from him so I am sending you copies of the pictures. Sadly he was killed on operations in a Lancaster."

Hello Delimata,

With regards to Jan Bokroś, his service details are below :

PAF Number : 794816

Date of Birth : 9th January 1920

RAF Rank : F/Sgt

Polish Rank : Kapral

Wireless Operator served in 300 Squadron.

Killed in Action on the 13th June 1944, Breda, Netherlands.

Photograph of the man himself

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

The Grave of the Crew of Lancaster DV286 300 Sqdn.

F/Sgt Jan Bokroś was awarded the ML (Air Force Medal)

Best wishes

Andrzej