Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 24 of 226 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Quote by 3 DSK View Post
    Yes, there were many Polish soldiers in France 1940, but you seem to forget one crucial aspect. The questions at hand isn't only how many troops there were or number of badges/eagles made but how many survived the entire war. The next variable is how many items got lost after the war and last but not least, the number of collectors within a certain field . . .
    And the third important variable: How many of the different eagle types produced were this particular type? The answer may never be known, but this product was competing against those eagles made by Alavoine and others (pictured below)

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Is the consensus that $455 was too much to pay for this eagle?
    Maybe not for the person who freely placed the winning bid! It appears that we have a new high water mark for this variant. And it remains the only one like it I have ever seen listed for sale on the internet. A rare bird.

Regards,
    T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

It's the only one I've seen ... but $455 .. thats a fist full of Dollars !

Gary J.

Quote by Gary J View Post

Gary J.
    Prices climb. That's bad news when you want to buy, but good news when you want to sell. There are some items on which I am certain I would spend more than others might consider prudent, just as there are some items I would not empty pocket change for. It's all relative, and very subjective.

Quote by IvanPutski View Post
    Prices climb. That's bad news when you want to buy, but good news when you want to sell. . . .
    It’s also good news when one has been nagged with second thoughts about what was given away in trade to obtain one of these eagles, as was the case for me. I don’t feel quite so haunted anymore.

T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    It’s also good news when one has been nagged with second thoughts about what was given away in trade to obtain one of these eagles, as was the case for me. I don’t feel quite so haunted anymore.

T.
    You are a Prophet, Mr. Esteemed Moderator.

Continuing on PAF Eagles
    I just got hold of those pictures - featuring a few variants

Regards
    A
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Nice examples of the PAF

Gary J.

Gary J.

Hhhhmmm...I may have to pull out my flock of eagles and take a peak for this bird !!

Vic

?

Vic,
    Any chance of seeing some of your "troupeau d'aigles" on the forum ?

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by vicjoy1945 View Post
    Hhhhmmm...I may have to pull out my flock of eagles and take a peak for this bird !!

Vic

Vic,
    Any chance of seeing some of your "troupeau d'aigles" on the forum ?

Regards

Gary J.
    Hey Gary !

Sure !! I just bought a new camera and need to test it out ! I do have some old images of some of my eagle somewhere on the hard drive. Most of my "birds" were picked up many years ago.

Vic

Page 24 of 226 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 74 124 ... LastLast