Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 26 of 226 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Pictures of PAF Eagles from Jerzys Murgrabia’s Book

Again – very interesting pattern of a popular of the classic PAF Eagle (on the left)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Recently listed on Allegro
    Pictures posted for permanent records on the Forum
    A
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    One of my favourite Free Forces Picture
    Decoration of Members of Independent Commando Company with KW foe action – Garigliano – picture taken on 09/04/1944

Superb Eagles - interestingly looks like they wearing English Gaunt Eagles not the Italian ones – that makes sense as Lorioli relationship had most likely been established in 1945 / 46
    Actually might be the Candian Scully example which they seemed to prefer...though they used all including Gaunt as well as Lorioli..
    I have a Lorioli one that belonged to a para officer.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Recently listed on Allegro
    Pictures posted for permanent records on the Forum
    A
    Thanks Wad,

The first one is an early WW2 example made by French firm Alavoine. The second is Canadian made by William Scully Ltd. of Montreal.

Regards,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

FAB
    ?

Hello All,
    New to fourm and would like opinions on this Polish hat Eagle. Attached to a 1945 dated tan beret, the badge has a strange back plate which I have never seen before. The screw post looks replaced. Been out of collecting Polish for 10 years now and finding this fourm has rekindeled the bug. Thanks to all,
    Rick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Hello Rick, and welcome to the forum . . .and the hobby again. You’ll probably find that prices for genuine Polish militaria have become a wee bit steeper in the decade you’ve been away.

The eagle you post is a Spink & Son London product. The rear fastenin g has been modified. I’ve never seen this rectangular type of backing plate, but used to own a beret with a round metal backing plate also bearing the broad arrow mark. And it too was a Spink badge, although the fastening post appeared original from what I can remember. I don’t have pictures handy at the moment, but will post later when back at home.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

FAB
    ?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hello Rick, and welcome to the forum . . .and the hobby again. You’ll probably find that prices for genuine Polish militaria have become a wee bit steeper in the decade you’ve been away.

The eagle you post is a Spink & Son London product. The rear fastenin g has been modified. I’ve never seen this rectangular type of backing plate, but used to own a beret with a round metal backing plate also bearing the broad arrow mark. And it too was a Spink badge, although the fastening post appeared original from what I can remember. I don’t have pictures handy at the moment, but will post later when back at home.

Regards,
    Tony
    Tony, Thank You for the quick reply and the good news on the badge. I cannot beleive the prices and demand for Polish militaria, when I started collecting in the early 80s, there were a only handful of collectors who even knew what the stuff was and never worried about fakes until traveling to Poland in the early 90's. Now seems all that out there is fake, the real reason I got out of collecting of Polish militaria. Anyway, there seems to be a TON of information available now which makes the pursuit worthwhile again. Here are some photos of the beret. Again, Thank You and I look forward to being a member of this board. Best,Rick

Polish Hat Eagles  

Hi again Rick,

Thanks for the added pics.

Unfortunately, all I can say for certain is the Beret Industries beret itself looks OK. But the Polish insignia is very suspect in its application. The black backing for the eagle badge is unusual, and is not technically correct. My first thought was ‘is it there to cover the marks left from a previous badge?’. The rank star is in the wrong location, and should be placed directly below the eagle.

As you say:

Quote by FAB View Post
    . . . Now seems all that out there is fake. . .
    Well, not all. But certainly a healthy proportion. Forums such as ours exist to help weed out the bad stuff, so you’re in good company here. As far as this beret, I wish I could say otherwise, but this one bears the qualities of a put together piece. If you are considering purchase I would recommend passing on this one.

Regards,
    Tony

?

Hello Rick and welcome aboard ..

The "rectangular" fastening for the back of the eagle looks to me to be the "end cap" off a sten gun magazine !!!!

As ever, the Poles adapted anything they could lay their hands on !!

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by Gary J View Post
    As ever, the Poles adapted anything they could lay their hands on !!
    I think Gary has hit the nail on the head and for that reason I think we cannot be too definitive by only comparing with the collective wisdom that has been "published" to date. However a healthy sceptisim is always a wise course in collecting militaria

I also think this beret has been put together but not as a deception—my thought was Polish Resettlement Corps, nothing specific just a hunch
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 26 of 226 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 76 126 ... LastLast