Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 226 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Hello Marcin,

Some very nice eagles there, and beautifully displayed in the oval frame. That larger PAF eagle is a rarity! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Regards,
    Tony

?

Guys, thank you very much for nice words. I´m trying to find nice eagles but is getting harder and harder.
    Yes, bigger PAF eagle is rare one. I like it as well and is bit different than standard one. I like also Palestinian one´s, each one is different and for sure was on cap of beret some time ago.

Yes, the scarcer eagle variants are definitely getting increasingly difficult to find as more collectors compete for them.

Attached are two seldom seen ones I was lucky to purchase several weeks ago. Both are from early post war Polish guard units in Germany – one a Lauer, Nuremberg made example, and the other on an aluminum disc also made in Germany (page 83 and 86 respectively in Zawistowski’s book).

Regards,
    T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

3mk
    ?

You didnt happend to buy them from a member of Wehrmacht Awards Forum? Now ive learned a lesson if you see something you really want buy it before it slips away

Yes, these are two eagles from that lot. And you are absolutely correct – in this hobby one needs to act swiftly. The first step is to ascertain authenticity, and if all checks out than jump quickly to step two – which is to make a respectable offer, as others will also do the same. Fortunately I made the best offer of several the seller received.

Here’s a fabric eagle from that same lot. Looking for more info on this particular one.

T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

3mk
    ?

I remember seeing an eagle like that in a photo from the Polish-Bolshevik war it was sewed on to the sleeve but judging from the other items in the lot i dont think its from the Polish-Bolshevik war.

?

Amazing! Once I had a chance to get Laure one seller sold to somebody els I never seen disc one for sale. Lovely stuff. COngratulations!

Quote by 3mk View Post
    I remember seeing an eagle like that in a photo from the Polish-Bolshevik war it was sewed on to the sleeve but judging from the other items in the lot i dont think its from the Polish-Bolshevik war.
    3mk, judging by the other items in the group I suspect it probably is also related to the units on occupied German territory in 1945. Below is another eagle that came with the lot. Cast in soft lead or lead alloy, the fragility of which is in evidence. I hoping for comments from anyone with any specific knowledge of the origin of these.

Cheers,
    T.

Quote by Marcin View Post
    Amazing! Once I had a chance to get Laure one seller sold to somebody els I never seen disc one for sale. Lovely stuff. COngratulations!
    Marcin, Thanks for your kind comments.

Here's one more to share, a personal favorite (not from the lot I have been refeerring to in the prior posts). For some reason these are much more scarce than I would expect considering the maker (S.A. Picchiani & Barlacchi, Firenze) made many of the Polish 2nd Corps badges. This is the only genuine example I have ever encountered on the market. It is a very beautifully designed eagle with superb detail and nicely vaulted. And as is typical of the maker's work, the quality is exceptional.

T.

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

I ´ve seen that one before here. Is gorgeous and really rere. I nave had a chance to get one. I think they made not so many of them or they were not popular by some reason. Maybe they were too expensive for soldiers? I hav no clue but I wish I have this one

Page 3 of 226 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast