Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 31 of 226 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

DaBear
    ?

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

The one on the left has JR Gaunt and Sons imprinted. The one on the right has a very light impression that says the same thing, but you can only see it if held at a certain angle. The uneven surface of the back makes me wonder if it is a fake. Any thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

DaBear
    ?

This one is just for fun. I recently got a plastic Stanley and son to replace the old one I had, but they are different sizes! Cool score for me. Notice the wingtips of the right one are broken. I also noticed the "gouge" in the neck of both of them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Last edited by DaBear; 07-11-2010 at 01:25 AM.

DaBear
    ?

What are these things? I see them on ebay all the time! Are they an official cap badge, or some kind of jeton/ patriotic pin?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

DaBear
    ?

Seriously, what are those eagles on a shield? Someone must know!

?

Seriously
    no one is very sure...
    they are not formal military badges..
    some sort of memento, not related to any specific unit..
    many speculations about them...but incredibly have heard no
    one say for sure......another mystery....
    who knows..maybe someone on the forum will know...
    but I wouldnt bet on it..

Da Bear, according to the reference Orzeł – Symbol Przynależności (Sawicki / Bjanowicz 2004) they were used by the Polish PSK (Pomocznica Slużba Kobiet), the women's auxiliary service branch of the Polish Army during WW2.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

On the other hand the Sikorski Institute told me they have no idea of what it was used for..they never saw any photo of anyone wearing one...nor any uniform with one attached.
    Maybe Sawicki is right..or not..the Sawicki book does contain quite a few errors as is logical in a book of such magnitutde...yet some are basic mistakes like the various 1st armrd reg badges of the 1st armrd div which shows variations with 1 a 2 and a 3....I guess suposedly squadron numbers..but are just fantasy pieces...and then of course there is Wesolowskis book with many more errors...I remain doubting thomas

Quote by dorava View Post
    On the other hand the Sikorski Institute told me they have no idea of what it was used for..they never saw any photo of anyone wearing one...nor any uniform with one attached.
    Maybe Sawicki is right..or not..the Sawicki book does contain quite a few errors as is logical in a book of such magnitutde...yet some are basic mistakes like the various 1st armrd reg badges of the 1st armrd div which shows variations with 1 a 2 and a 3....I guess suposedly squadron numbers..but are just fantasy pieces...and then of course there is Wesolowskis book with many more errors...I remain doubting thomas
    I was told many years ago by someone in England (can't remember who) that they were worn by certain Polish Government-in-Exile personnel in the UK.

I’d have to agree with dorava that this book reference is less than rock solid proof that these were used by the Polish PSK / ATS. (For the record, this information is not contained in the Sawicki book dorava is referring to, but rather an earlier publication devoted strictly to eagle badges and emblems used in Polish national service.)

Nonetheless, it is a reasonable possibility, although the lack of photographic or other material evidence is problematic. I too have heard of the usage that Mr. Putski’s source suggested. Again, no proof and no pudding . . .

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

As an interesting aside, they are now producing copies of ‘the badge that no one knows the purpose of’ . . .

POLAND POLISH ARMY METAL CAP BADGE WW2 PATTERN WWII on eBay.ca (item 390179233418 end time 03-Aug-10 08:14:24 EDT)
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

Page 31 of 226 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 81 131 ... LastLast