Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 32 of 226 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows
    I have recently compared carefully a few three Spink made Free Eagles from my small and randomly put together collection of eagles (on the side of the main focus on regimental badges)

They all are slightly different and I have found a few distinguishing features.

I am not sure which one may be OK? The one on the left is different than the one in the middle and on the right (they seem to have the same pattern)

I contacted Spink to collect some information on badges some years ago – they had not really much to say. I did not ask about the eagles as at that time I was not aware that Spink had made them.

Perhaps one of You has researched this eagle?

Perhaps some pictures area valuable?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Da Bear, according to the reference Orzeł – Symbol Przynależności (Sawicki / Bjanowicz 2004) they were used by the Polish PSK (Pomocznica Slużba Kobiet), the women's auxiliary service branch of the Polish Army during WW2.

Regards,
    Tony
    I wonder if they were actually produced for the US sponsored Polskich Kompanii Wartowniczych?

Peter Bianek ps. "Tony" a soldier in AK. IV. Zgrup. "GURT" had one of these badges and post WWII he was a Labor Services (Guard) sergeant.
    see forum link
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

the only thing is that they look very much made in England
    with those typical lugs on the back

?

Hello
    Here is officers eagle of PSP from my collection. Does anyone have same version? I asked many collectors in Poland about this version, and no one saw it. even Tomasz Zawistowski - author of great books about polish eagles. Probably it is GB production, but it may be France 1940 too.
    Regards
    Orkan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by dorava View Post
    the only thing is that they look very much made in England
    with those typical lugs on the back
    I agree the lugs do look typically British. Maybe "Tony" was sent it by a friend after the war as he was never in Britain?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Hello all! A most interesting thread.

I feel a bit awkward about asking a favour for my first post but .. the reason I found this excellent forum was because I needed to find out about Navy eagles and so here goes.

I should first say I know nothing about the subject! But I recently bought this badge and wondered whether anyone could tell me about it. I am aware that it is not WWII era. I was not looking for an old eagle for a specific reason.

But I would be curious to know whether I have a badge made for use by the Polish navy or just a reproduction. And if it was made for use, whether that is current or from a few years back.

Any information would be very much appreciated! Here's a pic. (I don't have one of the reverse yet, the badge is still to arrive! But I understand it's a screw back):
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

?

Here you have some photos of a typical Polish navy ww2 badge for comparison purposes..

I am afraid yours is probably an original version of the badge for the Polish modern navy. Dont know about new bages, but that is likel what it is

very sorry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

No, that's fine dorova. Thank you for the quick response. I actually didn't want a WWII one!

Now that might seem odd but it was for a reason. My Grandfather was given a 'souvenir' by the crew of the ORP Błyskawica which originally included a crew cap badge.

Very sadly the badge was lost many years ago and I wanted something to replace it. I felt unsure about trying to find another Błyskawica eagle and in the end decided that a modern one that was clearly such would be best.

It means that the piece given to my Grandfather is complete but the 'repair' is apparent.

When I have time I shall post about the piece perhaps.

Tom

Quote by Brit Tom View Post
    No, that's fine dorova. Thank you for
    When I have time I shall post about the piece perhaps.

Tom
    Here.

Hi Brit Tom,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing the story of your grandfather’s connection to the Polish navy.

Dorava is correct. The badge is the current Polish Third Republic version of the navy eagle.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 32 of 226 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 132 ... LastLast