Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 34 of 226 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

hello Anthony, thank you for quick reply and effort. I was always being chastised as a very young lad for asking too many questions. seems the problem still manifests itself ! my first reaction was to try and get a couple of quid off but that would have been churlish of me. there again the seller could quite easily said " bugger off "

Hello again prosty z,

Whoever gave you grief for being an inquisitive lad was a poor role model. It is very healthy, and in fact crucial, to question everything – from what politicians and the media tells us right down to the militaria dealer at the local swap meet. As Thomas Jefferson said “Question with boldness even the existence of God”!

And again . . . well done on your sharp buy for that eagle. It’s a nice one.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows
    Interesting pictures have just been send to me – to be posted for the wider audience
    Looks like some sort of Veternans’ version or contemporary repo – I do not have any more info

Perhaps some of you?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

recent copies made in Poland
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    A few picture(s) from my recent trip to Sikorski’s Institute in London
    The Air Force Eagle on the one of the displays – interesting pattern
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Sorry Dorava, but those Navy eagles are not "copies" but reproductions. They were made in the UK in the 1950s and 60s for veterans. They were sold at places like POSK in London.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    A few picture(s) from my recent trip to Sikorski’s Institute in London
    The Air Force Eagle on the one of the displays – interesting pattern
    Thanks for the post wadowicznic. Yes, an interesting variant. Do you have a picture of the entire display where this eagle is mounted?

Did you take in the "Once Upon A Time" Wojtek Soldier Bear exibition at the begining of this month?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Quote by 3 DSK View Post
    . . . They were made in the UK in the 1950s and 60s for veterans. They were sold at places like POSK in London.
    Hi 3DSK,

Your post brought to mind this is PAF bullion eagle pattern. These crop up on the market from time to time (on their own and also mounted to RAF caps) and are typically held up as genuine WW2 era pieces. But I doubt they are. Can anyone comment on whether these may be the “POSK” type veteran issues, or are they outright fakes, or maybe I am dead wrong and they are indeed genuine?

Regards,
    Tony

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Quote by 3 DSK View Post
    Sorry Dorava, but those Navy eagles are not "copies" but reproductions. They were made in the UK in the 1950s and 60s for veterans. They were sold at places like POSK in London.
    Very interesting take on these....perhaps you could share how you know this to be a fact?

?

Post re: Polish Hat Eagles

I showed photos of these eagles to some veterans I met in the UK. Of course they created a stir in Poland since they look nice and have aged properly since they were made 40-50 years ago. As you know many Poles go over to the UK to work and they seem to find the most odd items to bring back to Poland. Some people who work over there now also list stuff on Ebay. With that said, I don't mean to imply that no copies are being made in Poland but when it comes to WW2 awards, the best made = hardest to recognize as fakes, are still from other countries than Poland. A good example is the Cavalry Warrent officers badge as posted by MichalMag. If you compare it to an original badge you don't need to be an expert in order to tell its bad.

Sorry Tony, I cant say I have seen that type of eagle before but I should also mention that my knowledge about Polish PAF items is rather limited. I have, however, those images and I will try to find out. As soon as I know I will make a post on the forum

Page 34 of 226 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 134 ... LastLast