Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 37 of 226 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 87 137 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Very interesting PAF one – currently is being listed on Ebay UK

I guess it will be interesting to watch the market verdict on it

Looks like the UK war time one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

That's a real beauty!
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

greetings comrades, must hold my hands up on this one. in town today and called in at the local " collector's emporium " ( more than three people in the place and it is severely overcrowded ! ) cellotaped to his window in the usual transparent medal wallet was this item. for reference purposes £8 was spent.( comments like " you were robbed will be treated with absolute contempt ! ) normally eagles seem to have either screw posts or blades. has anybody come across lugged examples ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

well done! I got this type with lugs as well. It is less usual than with screw or blades. For that price was cheap buy.

hello Marcin, my scepticism was aroused by the quality of the badge. mind you the " seller " has committed a few " faux pas " in the past .

Prosty, well done. That's a genuine badge. Probably a Spink & Son product. Sharp buy.

Cheers,
    Tony

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

thanks U2. another thing I clocked is that the lugs appear to be brass as opposed to the usual copper style. surprised though as I associate Spink with high quality.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Very interesting PAF one – currently is being listed on Ebay UK

I guess it will be interesting to watch the market verdict on it
    The market has spoken . . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

?

jesus, it is getting crazy. I don´t get it. We know that they are hard to get but not impossible, it is not a Holly Grail.
    Last edited by Marcin; 01-16-2011 at 02:21 PM.

going back to Mr. Spink, an overnight thought and observation. I take it that the rear neck feather protruberance is a Spink trait ? trawling through the Eagle posts this manufacturer used at least two methods of fastening. the thought springs to mind, why , when you compare the clockwork regularity of the vast majority of British cap badges.

Page 37 of 226 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 87 137 ... LastLast