Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 38 of 226 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows
    Just to keep up with the latest developments

Guant Eagle recently sold on Ebay UK

I think it is an interesting one – very similar to the we discussed on the forum before (signatures etc).

However for this particular one – the material seems to be “brass or / some sort of brown metal” resulting in the nice brown colour.
    The two main variations of Guant I have seen seems to be Oxidated to produce an effect of “Old Silver” or bright silver in colour. Those 2 variations have 3 types of Guant’s signatures + there is a variant without the signature too.

I have “Old Silver one” and have presented it on the Forum before. It has the same signatures as the Ebay one – but materials seems to be different

I am wondering if the Ebay’s one is an another variation, or perhaps colour is a result of time / exposure etc

Has anybody got some close-up pictures of Brass / Brown Guant?
    Any comments = what do You think?
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Good observation wadowicznic. I spotted this auction but only gave it a passing glance. That does look like a dark bronze peeking out from under the plating. Interesting variant. Can’t say I recall ever seeing a marked Gaunt eagle like this.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

A friend asked my opinion on this “French 1940” eagle that has come up for sale. On quick casual glance it looks OK. But a closer inspection reveals some possible problems. This is a sought after pattern that is scarcely seen on the market, and it appears that the counterfeiters have now taken notice of this.

I have posted it next to two genuine examples. I’ll leave it up to you guys to identify the areas of concern.

Orze

Regards,
    T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello!

Eagle in the middle is fake.

Best Regards

Tony

I have been puzzled by the “Brown Guan” above and have undertaken a bit of research that has resulted in the following hypothesis.

It is possible that this "Brown Version" dates from the period between August 1940 and March 1941 and was issued to Polish soldiers who ended up in England after the French Campaign.
    The official order / directive specifying the design of the Army Eagle was issued in March 1941. The directive specified requirements for the Eagles to be of silver or “silver oxida”

Anyway just a thought!

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Good observation wadowicznic. I spotted this auction but only gave it a passing glance. That does look like a dark bronze peeking out from under the plating. Interesting variant. Can’t say I recall ever seeing a marked Gaunt eagle like this.

Regards,
    Tony

Fellows
    Just to keep up with the market

Polish Free Forces Eagle – recently sold on ebay UK
    Looks like “Guant” variant with added layer of feathers at the bottom of the wings.

Seller – confirmed / advertised it as “original” – but i have to say I am not 100% sure.
    What do You think?

We have not featured this variant on the Forum previously – perhaps somebody has got picture of a comparable Eagle

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

french ones are rare, we know that. I have mine with crown cut off and somebody put a new one. We know they were three different variations. Well, it is not easy to tell direct if middle one is fake. He is got some silver finish left but ofcourse that can be done. MichalMag do you know seller or do you know person which maks them?

Hello!

No i don't know seller or anyone who can make it. But look at this eagle! It's awful made....... 100000000% FAKE!

Best Regards

?

Well, real ones are not best quality as well. Anyway, I thought you might have some more info.

Hello!

I can show you photos of 100% genuine eagle

Best Regards

Page 38 of 226 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 138 ... LastLast