Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 39 of 226 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

?

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

I know how the real looks like because I have one as well. Anyway, thx.

Quote by Marcin View Post
    Well, real ones are not best quality as well. Anyway, I thought you might have some more info.
    Agreed. These are crude badges. Everything from thin gauge brass, the weak silver wash, and the rudimentary wire prong fastening all point to a badge that was rushed into production.

The main problem I see with the one in question is the lack of detail in the feathering visible on the reverse. The details should be very sharp, not muted as with this eagle. This seemingly minor issue is actually quite important.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Tony, I agree about reverse. Thing is picture is not that sharp. Best thing would be take this one in hand Normally they are made from really thin metal. If this one is fake for sure metal is thicker.
    One thing which looks good to me is trace of silvering. Looks old.

Hi Marcin, Yes, once can't come to any conclusions based on pictures alone. A manual examination is necessary. While the pictures aren't of the best quality, you can see from the sharply defined edges of the badge in the picture that the detail of the feathering is in fact very weak by comparison.

The badge did sell, but at a low price. A certain sign that other collector also had issues with it.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows
    Spink PAF Eagle recently sold on Allegro – incredible price 2850 PLN (that is c640£) with 15 bids and 3 of them than 1800PLN
    Good and sharp pictures will add to our collective knowledge
    It would be awesome to learn how many of such Eagles have been made – I am so disappointed that Spink does not provide any source data on badges / eagles they have produced (I have tried in the past)
    The purchaser must have had a sentimental reason to justify this price
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows
    Tony has already provided some clarifications (on specific tread on this forum) to the owner of this badge that is being currently listed on the ebay.
    G.J. Garratt Toronto

Poland WW ll Army Original Eagle Cap Badge - Relic on eBay (end time 15-Feb-11 19:00:39 GMT)

Undoubtedly this auction will cause a lot of excitement

Therefore, to provide some relativity – reference point, I thought it would be useful to post back of both Garratt Eagles recently surfacing the market (one currently listed above and the one listed a few weeks ago – we have on the forum on page 35-36)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

cheaper that the last one sold on the market

?

sorry
    should have gone with quotes
    this one cheaper than the last one sold..about 30% cheaper
    Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    Spink PAF Eagle recently sold on Allegro – incredible price 2850 PLN (that is c640£) with 15 bids and 3 of them than 1800PLN
    Good and sharp pictures will add to our collective knowledge
    It would be awesome to learn how many of such Eagles have been made – I am so disappointed that Spink does not provide any source data on badges / eagles they have produced (I have tried in the past)
    The purchaser must have had a sentimental reason to justify this price

Fellows
    One of the PAF variations – UK made

Recently sold 85£ on Ebay uk
    I have to say – market is growing for the Eagles.
    However , market is displaying the interesting dynamics (similar to the stock market(s) –if at all sensible comparison can be made) – only 2 bidders above 61£ from the overall universe of 7 bidders. Volume of interests is polarised and stops at the certain level.
    Old clearing price of c60£ is most likely exceeded by “new-comers”.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows

Obviously that was the auction all of us was following
    Sold for 500$ CAD

Poland WW ll Army Original Eagle Cap Badge - Relic on eBay (end time 15-Feb-11 19:00:39 GMT)

It looks however that the Vendor has got a ”few (as he says)” of the similar Eagles.
    Most likely – unaware of consequences - decided to list the Second One - pictures below!

Looks like (and justified 100%) price is going to crash as it is likely “ a few” are likely “very few”.

We have seen this effect with a some badges in thepast - 9 Flandryjski and Ulani Jazlowiecy PSZ

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Page 39 of 226 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 139 ... LastLast