Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 226 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Quote by Marcin View Post
    I ´ve seen that one before here.
    Silly me - I forgot that I had posted that badge here previously!
    It's true - things do start falling apart once over 40 . . .

T.

?

How about a possible "field / workshop made" Lead eagle of the pre-39 variety ...

The metal is very soft and pliable ... more than likely a lead/solder base !

Screw fixing to back is crudley soldered on .. and of course the standard "meccano" nuts and washers !

.. However .. do note the quality of the cast .... it has picked up the feather details on the wings !

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

3mk
    ?

Looks original.It was probably made by to someone for the Home Army during the war?

Can somebody help with the identification? This is my recent acquisition.
    Unfortunately I still do not have a Zawistowski’s book here in London.
    The material is very hard to bend. I have a number of eagles in my collection but this is the first of this type.
    Perhaps made in Germany?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

I would not try to bend this badge, as it looks to be a cast brass variant.
    This is typical of quite a few types associated with the 2nd Corp in the Middle East / Palestine.

Gary J.

?

Gary is right. This is typical Palestine made eagle. They are almost always casted with typical nut and shim. I like them because every one is different.

Hi Wadowicznic,

I second that - Gary is correct. It’s one of the many Polish Army in the East (Armia Polska na Wschodzie) variants made in the Middle East c. 1942/43. However, this is not cast but rather stamped from a brass sheet. Measures 54 x 35mm.

Here’s mine with original fastening parts:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Variations on a theme ! .. here's one of mine !

Gary J.

?

And a "Palestine" stamped, .. utilising a "Lorioli" nut.

Polish Hat Eagles  

Nice eagles Gary, especially that stamped one with the Lorioli spinner. That’s a very rarely seen variant Lucky you

Best,
    T

Page 4 of 226 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast