Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 41 of 226 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

thank you for that. interesting. the reason for my query is that I have several of these that are cast brass which I have been informed are middle east issue . the Lvov armoured beret has a solid silver example, well polished. in view of the fact now, that forces in the west used them as well, all is now clear

Most welcome PZ. If possible, please post a picture of the silver one on your Lwow armoured beret.

Here's a classic example of the cast middle eastern variant.

Regards,
    T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

For your viewing pleasure, here are some other variants of the "orzełek furażerkowy", PSZ issue:

T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

for your viewing pleasure....................... Silver Lvov and another. I assume the colours of the chevron refer to Poland's national colours and one of the lancer units. the " black " portion is actually a dark blue.

Fellows
    A very interesting Eagle – recently sold on Allegro – Made in Germany
    I have seen this type in 1AD “groupings” - but majority I have seen had been made of Aluminium / or alu like
    This particular one seems to be covered with “Zinc”

Additional pictures of this Eagle would be welcome to compare variations

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Hello!

Here is my eagle the same type, but my is on dark beret.

Best Regards

PS: Maybe you have link from this auction?

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    for your viewing pleasure....................... Silver Lvov and another. I assume the colours of the chevron refer to Poland's national colours and one of the lancer units. the " black " portion is actually a dark blue.
    Thanks for those PZ. Both are very interesting, especially the one with the "V" in the shield. Red, white and blue maybe a nod to the USA? Perhaps immediate post war guard unit?

The silver one is a pre-war pattern. Any chance at pictures of the reverse?

Regards,
    Tony

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    I assume the colours of the chevron refer to Poland's national colours and one of the lancer units. the " black " portion is actually a dark blue.
    Interesting eagle, I have not seen this type before. "V" for victory?

If the colours are blue, white and red then maybe this a French flag on the left and and Polish flag on the right—as facing viewer ? Just a thought?

Looks crudely stamped and the colour infill looks like paint brush applied rather than enamels??

I wonder if the Polish Armed Forces in the French Zone of Occupation following Germany's surrender in 1945 created their own adapted insignia?

See below

POLISH MILITARY UNITS IN THE FRENCH ZONE OF OCCUPATION IN GERMANY (1945-1946) (Polskie oddzialy wojskowe we francuskiej strefie okupacyjnej Niemiec (1945-1946))
    Source: Studia Historyczne (Historical Studies)
    year: 2009, vol: 52, number: 2(206), pages: 139-158
    Publisher: The Kraków Branch of the Polish Academy of Sciences
    Address: Oddzial Polskiej Akademii Nauk w Krakowie, ul. Sw. Jana 28, 31-018 Kraków, Poland
    ISSN: 0025-1429

Summary:
    This article, which deals with an attempted expansion of the Polish Armed Forces to the French Zone of Occupation in the aftermath of Germany's surrender in 1945, is based on data gathered from various sources in the collections of the Polish Institute and General Wladyslaw Sikorski Museum in London. Brief references to the idea of forming Polish military units in the south-western parts of Germany under French can be found primarily in reports and memos written by liaison officers of the Polish Military Mission in Germany. After the end of the war large numbers of Polish prisoners of war and labourers eligible for conscription still found themselves in Germany. The Polish government in London tried to tap these reserves of manpower to bolster the Polish Armed Forces in the West. New recruits were directed to the Polish 2nd Corps in Italy, but it was not long before the British command put the brakes on any expansion of the Polish forces. It was then that the Poles tried to find a place for the newly-formed units with the French army of occupation. By the end of 1945 three Polish battalions and a few smaller units were collaborating with the French. However, in 1946 a political decision made in Paris dashed all hopes of an agreement: members of the Polish units were ordered to remove all signs which declared their national origins or allegiance. As a result some Polish troops moved on to the American Zone and were incorporated into the Polish Auxiliary Guard Companies, some enlisted with Groupement des Auxilieres Étrangeres, organized by the French, and the rest sought employment in civilian DIP camps. The article also mentions the creation in the French Zone of Polish military units under the auspices of the Communist-led government in Warsaw. These were the only Polish units that returned to Poland from the West without having to give up their arms.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

pics of other small eagles, Lvov in centre
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

gtw
    ?

Hi.I'm new here.Anythig about this one?Fake?Thanks for any help. ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Page 41 of 226 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 91 141 ... LastLast