Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 226 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Gary
    Thanks appreciated. I am clear now
    My excample is a "metal sheet stamped" one not the cast, very hard to bend.
    Interesting - over years i have collected a few rare ones - this "plain one" has come to me just recently
    a

Quote by Marcin View Post
    Gary is right. This is typical Palestine made eagle. They are almost always casted with typical nut and shim. I like them because every one is different.

T
    Super – looks like we have very similar examples. Good stuff.
    I was concerned when I bought it as I was buying “blind” as eagles are not my speciality.
    Which formation, do you think, used this particular pattern the most? SBSK?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Wadowicznic,

I second that - Gary is correct. It’s one of the many Polish Army in the East (Armia Polska na Wschodzie) variants made in the Middle East c. 1942/43. However, this is not cast but rather stamped from a brass sheet. Measures 54 x 35mm.

Here’s mine with original fastening parts:

?

my most esteemed gentlemen

a curiosity with this eagle up for sale on ebay
    POLISH ARMY ,OFFICERS CAP BADGE - eBay (item 380170534083 end time Oct-29-09 04:36:33 PDT)

it looks like a typical pronged version..and yet if you look at the back..the prongs are attached in a most unsual manner..

does anyone have any take on it??

I also wonder on this bullion eagle sold
    Polish-Poland - WWII Tank Division Eagle !!! - eBay (item 190343745148 end time Oct-28-09 16:57:11 PDT)

I have some suspicions that it may not be correct..does anyone know one way or another??

thanks for your help and this forum is most interesting
    D
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

3mk
    ?

The first one looks very akward so does the second one.But I dont know nothing about exile eagles.
    Can you guys help with pre-1939 stuff?Im un-sure about this eagle Poland Polish Army WW II Hat Badge Eagle - eBay (item 350270973906 end time Nov-26-09 15:35:53 PST)

I hope none of you guys buy it before i do

?

you want to stay away from that seller..he is not a recommendable chap

Default Re: Polish WW2 Exile Cap Eagles - Hallers' Army?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows,

I have had this particular eagle in my collection for a few year now. Unfortunately, I have not managed to identify it so far.

Perhaps one could help here? – I would be grateful.
    It may be veterans’ / patriotic badge. However the following observations may suggest the direct military association.

• Pattern resembles the Eagle for Hallers Army / Blue Army formed in France just by the end of WW1
    • Fastening also resembles some French badges I have seen
    • On the other hand – the pattern resembles the arm identification patch of Podhalanska Brigade / Narvik campaign
    • Very good quality – fine details
    • Size c2.5cm x 2.5 cm
    • Silver / bronze
    • Signs of wearing
    It's Haller's Army. See photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

?

I'm not happy with the metal eagle.
    It looks like one of the modern repro's made out of thinner plate.

I've seen these for sale with no lugs to the back, and no sign of solder or broken fixings, in other words half made.

I think someone may have purchased this one as a "blank", and soldered the lugs on themselves.

Gary J.

Quote by dorava View Post
    my most esteemed gentlemen

a curiosity with this eagle up for sale on ebay
    POLISH ARMY ,OFFICERS CAP BADGE - eBay (item 380170534083 end time Oct-29-09 04:36:33 PDT)

it looks like a typical pronged version..and yet if you look at the back..the prongs are attached in a most unsual manner..

does anyone have any take on it??

I also wonder on this bullion eagle sold
    Polish-Poland - WWII Tank Division Eagle !!! - eBay (item 190343745148 end time Oct-28-09 16:57:11 PDT)

I have some suspicions that it may not be correct..does anyone know one way or another??

thanks for your help and this forum is most interesting
    D

I would agree with Gary on the lugged back eagle. It appears to have no age to it.

Cheers, Ade.

This is casted repo - not a good addition to a serious collection

Quote by 3mk View Post
    The first one looks very akward so does the second one.But I dont know nothing about exile eagles.
    Can you guys help with pre-1939 stuff?Im un-sure about this eagle Poland Polish Army WW II Hat Badge Eagle - eBay (item 350270973906 end time Nov-26-09 15:35:53 PST)

I hope none of you guys buy it before i do

Default Re: Polish WW2 Exile Cap Eagles - Hallers' Army?

Thank You for the information. This really is great news!

I was wandering for a long time about the identity of this eagle – it is now clear
    The same stamps had been used by French manufacturers for

1. Haller’s army in 1918
    2. Polish Army in France in 1940

On point I did receive correspondence and pictures from Mr Zawistowski showing Polish Soldiers with this eagle in France in 1940. Pictures are included in his book.

The picture of the Haller’s Soldier where did you get it from? Family?

Quote by IvanPutski View Post
    It's Haller's Army. See photo.

Page 5 of 226 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast