Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 55 of 226 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 105 155 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

First off, Matthew welcome aboard! Thank you for posting your PAF bullion eagles. Beautiful! We look forward to your further contributions to the forum.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    . . . Again – as per my post above - I would like to learn more about the “omegas – versions” Any Thoughts?
    My only thought is that information on these eagles (supposedly made by Spink although unconfirmed) is virtually non-existent. As mentioned in prior discussions elsewhere on the forum, Spink data was lost during the war due to a bombing raid and then to make matters worse there were further losses of information during the changes of ownership of the Spink company in the post war years. Sorry to say, but don’t hold your breath Artur!

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows
    I do not think we have discussed this particular variant of Polish Free Eagle on the Forum so far.

Unfortunately, I do not have more pictures / detailed information
    Can one of You post some more pictures, please?
    Any info on this variant?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Artur, according Zawistowski 1939-45 (#77, page 51) this is an APW - Polish Army in the (Middle) East variant. Scracely seen version.

Here's one to ponder:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Tony
    I actually think it is slightly different model.
    A Friend from PL has just send me the pics from his collection.

Next step in discovering new stuff!

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Artur, according Zawistowski 1939-45 (#77, page 51) this is an APW - Polish Army in the (Middle) East variant. Scracely seen version.

Here's one to ponder:

One more !

side by side, with Zawistowski #77 in the middle.

Fellows
    I have received this picture form a good Friend from Poland.

An interesting pattern / variant of Polish Free Forces Eagle.
    Looks to me like the French made one.

Comments / pictures of a similar variant welcome

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Logical points that remain true for the most part. But pause for a moment to consider the following pre-WW2 122nd Fighter Squadron set. This badge and matching document are FAKE. Made in Poland in a very limited quantity by evidently very skilled counterfeiters. On initial glance these could easily fool even advanced collectors. I have seen the badge alone listed on Allegro a couple of years ago, and suspect it was from this batch. As expected, the price fetched was high. SCARY!

Regards,
    Tony
    I have read an interesting article in one of Polish portals about manufacturing badges of 122 squadron. It appears, that some smart guys are using badge "Za ofiarna prace" to make unbelieveable copys. Here is one for example:

Yep, they are making HQ copies of the 122 Eskadra, using this badge- the silver markings are the same as on genuine badge.....

Well, I finally have some free time to post For a good start- my favourite PAF Eagle- early version (1940) made entirely in silver boulion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Page 55 of 226 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 105 155 ... LastLast