Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 56 of 226 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 156 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Now some of my German made eagles-
    Lauer- I have a nice photo of Polish Guard wearing this eagle on the M-1 Helmet liner , I`ll do some scans of the photos and documents that I have.Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles
    Next- some other german made
    Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles
    and some PGC patches
    Polish Hat Eagles

Thanks for posting some great badges and patches

When you have scans of documents from your collection there is a thread started already for Polish Guard units:

LAB, SERV, COMP, (RAMP, GUARD) Polska Kompania Wartownicza

Look forward to seeing some more of your Polish Guards collection
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Fellows

Courtesy of a very good friend from Poland – pictures featuring (as assumed) the Eagle of the 10th Hussars - 10 Pułk Huzarów Wołyńskich

I have to say – I have never seen /owned the WW2 made variant – it is a rarity!

I remember reading, I think, in Przeglond Kawaleri I Broni Pancnernej – that 2-3 variants existed.

Mr (R.I.P) Bialkiewicz also produced one (together with the Badge).
    I had seen this Eagle a few years ago – but I was stupid not to acquire it as it “looked too blink!”

Has anyone got more pictures of other variants etc - Eagle of the 10th Hussars

What do You think about this one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

I am afraid original is stamped, not cast as this one seems to be
    and the rings on the back are different
    looks as if someone tried their hand at making a repro

Hi
    Thank You.

Hussars' Eagle is not seen often - i do not remember seeing one on the market. It would be good to see some comparables (pictures etc)
    I think there is a book "ostatni polscy huzarzy", but i do not have it. I guess it features some pictures.

Quote by dorava View Post
    I am afraid original is stamped, not cast as this one seems to be
    and the rings on the back are different
    looks as if someone tried their hand at making a repro

Fellows
    I have almost come to the conclusion that the subject of “Spink Eagle” has been closed with a number of variants already posted and discussed.

However, this week – completely by chance I have purchased this variant.

It is – so I call “Symmetric Spink” – variant. The wings are identical in terms of the way they both link with the body – link is without the “mistake of the stamp” that is often seen.
    The second difference – measurements of the shield.

We have discussed both variants before. From my personal experience – the “Symmetric one” is more difficult to come across.

What is interesting on this one – is the type of fastening – looks like, initially, there could have been 2 prongs in this sub-variant (see the remaining on the head)

I have never seen such fastening on Spink before
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Continuing the search for the Eagle of the 10th Hussars

I have received this pictures form a Friend in Poland – again allegedly 10th Hussars

Any of You more pictures?
    Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

First off MateuszArsenal – wonderful collection of badges, thank you for sharing them

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    . . . I think there is a book "ostatni polscy huzarzy", but i do not have it. I guess it features some pictures.
    I have the book, and the cover is very tantalizing and holds much promise, but alas there are no detailed insignia pictures contained inside. Otherwise it is a very detailed and comprehensive book that thoroughly covers all aspects of this Polish 2nd Corps unit.

The eagle badge is given two brief mentions that I have found, one simply stating that the standard eagle was gold finished, and the other pictured below – translated:

13. “Gold” eagle of the 10th Hussars Regiment – version made using the casting technique.

14. Gold” eagle of the 10th Hussars Regiment – stamped version

So it appears that both a cast and a stamped version were made.

Regards,
    Tony

Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

interesting..
    I was fortunate to see two examples...both were stamped..(but no pics taken)
    live and learn

excuse my ignorance , do these constitute the eagles in question

Page 56 of 226 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 156 ... LastLast