Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 68 of 226 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 168 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Post 596 pictures a couple of different variants of the 2DSP eagle – the familiar threaded post / domed spinner type, and an unusual version with twin wire prongs. Here’s yet another wire prong variant, this one fastened to a wedge cap. The cap’s owner wisely left the badge affixed while taking these pics.

As an aside, the cap sports some rank insignia applied at an angle, and a cavalry pennon that I have not been able to ID. I welcome any comments that shed some light on this cap. This cap was found like this several decades ago, and there’s no indication that it is a put together or fantasy piece.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony

I think, i may be able to help a bit with your question. I have seen a few artefacts associated with 2 DSP over years inc eagles (mainly) and uniforms / caps – with “unidentified pennons”.

Initially I had thought that caps that included the DSP Eagle and the colours / pennons often seen in 2 Cor must have emerged as the Ex-DSP Combatants who escaped from ‘detention” in Switzerland to join the ranks of Polish Resistance in France and units of 2 Cor wanted to retain their unique identity – DSP.
    Much to my surprise (and content) – by luck, some time ago I had discovered the explanation – see the link below.

Muzeum Wojska Polskiego w Warszawie

Attachment 363943

Fellows
    Looking the Polish Army Museum in Warsaw – further – I have come across this particular picture – featuring the very interesting Eagle.

I do not think we have discussed this pattern in detailes!

Any of you has betetr pics / info on this variant?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Artur, can you please try re-posting the info you attached to your 2DSP reply. The link does not work.

Thanks!
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Tony

Per Polish Army Museum - warsaw

Elementem wyróżniającym żołnierzy 2. Dywizji Strzelców Pieszych były berety w kolorze brązowym. Dodatkowo na berecie oprócz orła i oznak stopnia umieszczano barwy oddziałów w postaci ostrza bagnetu. Wyjątek stanowili oficerowie kawalerii służący w sztabie dywizji którym przysługiwał kawaleryjski proporczyk amarantowo granatowy z białą żyłką przez środek.
    Beret wykonany z spilśnionego filcu, wytłoczony z jednego kawałka materiału. Na okrągłej sukiennej podkładce barwy granatowej naprasowany szary orzeł z kauczuki. Orzeł wsparty na tarczy amazonek z zamknięta korona na głowie, skrzydła rozpostarte uniesione do góry, składające się z czterech warstw piór. Poniżej oznaczenie stopnia porucznika w postaci dwu pięcioramiennych gwiazdek wykonanych z metalu w kolorze srebrnym. Z prawej strony naszyty proporczyk z sukna barwy amarantowo granatowej z białą żyłką przez środek barwy proporczyka przynależne oficerom kawalerii w sztabie 2. Dywizji Strzelców Pieszych. Beret posiada potnik z brązowej skóry.
    Porucznik Bohdan Garliński był adiutantem dowódcy 2. Dywizji Strzelców Pieszych generała brygady Bronisława Prugar Ketlinga. W 1932 roku jako prymus ukończył Szkołę Podchorążych Rezerwy Kawalerii. W czasie II wojny światowej wałczył we Francji w 1940 roku następnie został internowany w Szwajcarii, po wojnie powrócił do kraju.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Many thanks Artur! Mystery solved!

Cheers,
    Tony

?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    Looking the Polish Army Museum in Warsaw – further – I have come across this particular picture – featuring the very interesting Eagle.

I do not think we have discussed this pattern in detailes!

Any of you has betetr pics / info on this variant?

MWP description of the cap badge is not correct. It is stamped brass natural surface 51x35x1.5mm. A rare variant of APW cap badge. SBSK used it...in Egypt.

?

Default Carpathian Lancer Regiment cap badge

Sand cast brass silver plated. How many of them have surived to date?

Hi Pit,

Very interesting variant with the unit designation in the amazon shield. Can’t recall ever seeing one quite like this on a cast APW eagle. Wild guess - perhaps Ułanów Karpackich?

Regards,
    Tony

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Pit,

Very interesting variant with the unit designation in the amazon shield. Can’t recall ever seeing one quite like this on a cast APW eagle. Wild guess - perhaps Ułanów Karpackich?

Regards,
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

You are right. This is Ułanów Karpackich cap badge. I have never seen a sand cast brass badge with the unit desingation in the amazon shield either. I don't think there were many of them. You never know what you are going to come across in your search for Polish cap badges

Regards,
    Piotr.

Page 68 of 226 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 168 ... LastLast