Page 70 of 157 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

The biggest egale might be a blazer or jacket patch. It could be worn on the pocket of coat in some Veterans association.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    For your viewing pleasure here's an interesting piece from a local friend's collection. This is a large sized nicely crafted bullion thread eagle. To give an idea of its size I put it next to standard sized officer hat eagles. I’m not certain what the purpose of the eagle is, or its age.

Regards,
    Tony
    The biggest eagle might be a blazer or jacket/coat patch. It could be worn on the pocket of coat in some Veterans association. The pennat or flag eagles vere made direclty on cloth, not sewn on later- blazer patches are typical for veterans- You can see them very often, especially in UK.

Just noticed this thread, here are my 2 eagles with a picture of the late owner of them

Quote by MateuszArsenal View Post
    The biggest eagle might be a blazer or jacket/coat patch. It could be worn on the pocket of coat in some Veterans association. The pennat or flag eagles vere made direclty on cloth, not sewn on later- blazer patches are typical for veterans- You can see them very often, especially in UK.
    Thanks Mateusz, it's good to hear from you again. Thanks for your input. I agree that on initial glance it may appear to be a veterans blazer patch. Having some veteran blazer patches in my collection they are sized to fit on the breast pocket, and this eagle at about 6 inches (150mm) high is too large to fit on a typical sized pocket.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Just noticed this thread, here are my 2 eagles with a picture of the late owner of them
    Thanks for your post May I ask for more information about this soldier - perhaps a relative?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows,
    Following the topic of the PAF Eagle – “ksiestwo warszawskie” pattern.

We discussed it before (inc good pictures in previous posts), sadly, however, with not much substance/ conclusions regarding the maker / more details on timing as to when / where it was introduced etc.

To add to the library of pictures - very attractive pics attached – Eagle is recently being offered on Ebay UK.

Perhaps – more info can be collected this time!

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows

Just got hold of those pictures.
    Pictures feature a very interesting pattern of PAF Eagle – I do not think we have discussed it much on the forum.
    Various sources suggest the this pattern was UK made – however, I have not come across more precise information.

Please post more pictures if You have some – perhaps pictures of Airman with it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E1.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	389231   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E3.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	389233  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E4.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	389234   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e5.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	389235  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E6.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	389236   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E7.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	389237  

Attached Images Attached Images

Fellows
    Following on the discussson on the Gount “Legionowy” Eagle – variant with Blades.

I have just noticed the very interesigng post (link + picture attached)

Post 1
    Polish Eagles WWI and WWII

This in addition to
    Post 2

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polish...agles-1980-67/

And in addtion to my post below (pcitures also attached)
    Post 3

I am not sure what to think about the Eagle Post 1 versus Eagle Post 3.
    Post 3 looks authentic to me.

Fellows,
    Further to the recent posts regarding the “Small – Legionowy (as I call it)” Eagle by J.R.GAUNT LONDON.
    I have just noticed an interesting auction (pictures).
    My experience suggests that Variant with the “prongs” is much more difficult to find than one with “nut”.
    I would say statistically 1 in 10

Given that pictures are of good quality – I have decided to post them for reference
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GUA.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	389240  
    Attached Images Attached Images   

?

(...)To add to the library of pictures - very attractive pics attached – Eagle is recently being offered on Ebay UK.(...)
    YUCK! Wadowicznic don't take this personally but the pics of fingers and fingernails make me sick. Disgusting!

?

For your viewing pleasure. Near East bullion wire Junacka Szkoła Kadetów eagle.