Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 74 of 226 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 124 174 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Hi
    It has been sold on Ebay UK – that what I have meant in my post.
    From time to time – I follow the market and if there is an interesting specimen – I post it for further discussion.
    This Badge – qualifies for such post.

Quote by dorava View Post
    Where is the badge listed?

thanks

d

Fellows
    This one was also sold not long ago.
    I think we had similar pictures before - but still worth posting.
    As far as I understand (source, Zawistowski’s Book) – this is one of the 2 versions of this “ksiestwo warszawskie PAF Eagle” – the other version can be characterised by a few differences re shape of the wings / head - crown and material used.

If any of You has the 2nd verion (pictures – please post).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    I think - this one is worth posting.
    Early - G with signatures
    Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

I have seen this example for sale for £20 and wondered if is an original and is that the right sort of price, considering it is missing a blade?

Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Bond View Post
    I have seen this example for sale for £20 and wondered if is an original and is that the right sort of price, considering it is missing a blade?

Thanks in advance.
    Any thoughts on this one please? It looks fine to me but there are so many variants by different makers in this thread. I want to know so I can add it to my collection and not to buy it and sell it on.
    Last edited by Jerry B; 11-17-2012 at 05:45 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Jerry, eagle and price are OK. British made. Relatively common.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I put my hands on these today while going through one of grandad's boxes of bits; they're not cap eagles as they're both far too small. Collar tabs, perhaps? That's a 10p coin for size reference. Hope they're of interest to you, gentlemen.

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

?

What one do I have here please? Two prongs, soft metal.
    From a Polish soldier's collection, he enlisted France Nov 1939 Land Army,don't know which division.
    Polish Hat Eagles

Hi Winnie, this one is field made. Not unusual to find. The Poles were often short of insignia and had to improvise some of their badges. Providing you know the provenance, which you do, you have no worries.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Smile re: Polish Hat Eagles

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Winnie, this one is field made. Not unusual to find. The Poles were often short of insignia and had to improvise some of their badges. Providing you know the provenance, which you do, you have no worries. Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade

Page 74 of 226 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 124 174 ... LastLast