Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 85 of 226 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 135 185 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows
    Adding to our - library of Eagles - quite rare variant - most likely made in Mid-East
    Pictures supplied by a friend from Poland
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Timeless Classic
    Marcin - Thanks and Congrats
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Recently sold, wz.39 in silver

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows,
    I am very happy to report that - there is a positive "identification / categorisation" of this particular variant of PSZ - Mid East made Eagle.

It seems to me that the 2nd specimen has been found.

I have certain circumstantial (only) evidence that this pattern has been made for the Polish Cadets who trained in Egypt with the Royal Corps of Signals (There had been 3 Schools and one of them was for Signals) - if that was the case - it makes this Eagle quite rare - reason being that - by comparison, the "Regimental badge" - given to the cadets of that school - is one of the rarest of Polish WW2 Badges.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    Courtesy of a Friend – I have just received the pictures – the very interesting variation of a Casted Polish Eagle (Palestinian Pattern – 1941+ has been used) – most likely made in Middle East.

Perhaps any of You have a similar / identical specimen – so we can “catalogue / recognise” this particular variant?
    Attachment 538160Attachment 538161

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    Looks like - I can report another positive "identification / categorisation"

The 2nd specimen of this Eagle has been found and therefore we are adding next Variant of Casted Eagles to our Library / Catalogue.
    The same distinctive features and material.
    This one comes from the veteran of 3DSK

Fellows,

If we work together, perhaps we can be lucky again and manage to identify / categorise this Mid-Eastern casted - Eagle by finding an identical / materially similar one.

As for a cast, the quality of details / finish is very high.

I have selected some distinctive features – helpful marks for identification.
    Eagle’s post is made of copper or brass.

It also has an interesting spinner with 2 Hebrew letters. It fits well onto the post.

However, I am very sceptical if that spinner actually originates from the manufacturer. I am suspecting – it could well be a replacement and / or manufacturer used “what was on hand”

To provide identification, it would be super to find the second specimen with the same features / marks and spinner.

Perhaps that spinner can be recognised by some of you – ect.

Let’s see what we can find.

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    To add to our library – recently sold on Ebay
    Nice pics of "Katyn 1940" Eagle
    Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Fellows
    An interesting variant of 40mm casted Mid East Version – of 40mm Eagle based on J.R Gaunt. Just sold on Ebay.

Perhaps we can find a second identical specimen – to “categorise" this particular variant?

Fellows,

Looks like we have managed to conduct another positive "identification / categorisation" - new Variant of Casted Eagle
    2 specimens found

This is en excellent find!
    Please enlarge the picture

Thanks to MK!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    To add to our library – recently sold on Ebay
    Nice pics of "Katyn 1940" Eagle
    For yonks now I have had one of these. My thoughts regarding its raison d'etre appear to be confirmed.

into the mix

Page 85 of 226 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 135 185 ... LastLast