Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 88 of 226 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 98 138 188 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

?

Quote by lech500 View Post
    I was hoping the second one was a repaired knedler with a previously removed screwpost
    Is it polished brass or white metal? I can't see any repair to the reverse. The reverse looks clean. What I don't like about the reverse is sharp edges.

Looks like a white metal so I guess a copy. Damn!

?

Quote by lech500 View Post
    Looks like a white metal so I guess a copy. Damn!
    Both Knedler and Malina stamped them in brass and silver plated. Malina was Knedler's subcontractor. Knedler made eagle hat badges in solid silver too. If you come across a solid silver hat badge look for the Polish interwar silver hallmark and the [IK] maker mark.
    The silver hallmark needs to have the W on the right side of the female's left profile to indicate the badge was hallmarked in the Warsaw Assay Office.

Best

Yes definitely a scarcely seen variant. Thanks for the pictures of General Okulicki's furazerka. Where is this cap displayed? I hope you don't object to my posting these images into the thread to preserve for future reference.

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    I hope you don't object to my posting these images into the thread to preserve for future reference.
    OMG am I this bad? His side cap is at Muzeum Wojska Polskiego in Warsaw. I also encourage everyone to visit a site dedicated to gen. Leopold Okulicki.

Wieczna Pamięć, Cześć i Chwała Bohaterom!

Fellows
    Perhaps this post will open up further discussions re (so I think) a very interesting subject.

I have just received the pictures attached from the Friend in Poland - as he noticed that the Forum has been "poor on the subject of Polish POWs Eagles".
    Constructive and needed feedback!

Interesting example(s) of POW Eagle - I understand that Eagle originates form the POW camp in Denmark 1944-45.
    I hope that in 2014 - I have an opportunity to look up sources / documentation at Sikorski or SPP in London re POW camps - perhaps such review will lead to some more discoveries re Polish POW Eagles.

In the meantime - please post pictures of POW Eagles - it would be great to inventories some "variants"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    Another specimen of the small 40mm casted Eagle with the "dent" on the avers found.
    Again - thanks for the pictures send to me to be posted on the Forum.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    Again fruits of the cooperation with Tony - looks like another "positive categorisation" - 2 very similar specimens - see the "dent" on avers and details on reverse.
    Looks like both eagles may belong to the same production run.

Attachment 592197Attachment 592198Attachment 592199
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

?

I have just received the pictures attached from the Friend in Poland - as he noticed that the Forum has been "poor on the subject of Polish POWs Eagles".
    Constructive and needed feedback!
    Hahaha. Is the friend of yours a member of the Lesko Forgery Ltd. looking to expand business internationally? The "Danish" birds flooded Allegro two years ago.

In that case - I would say - my Friend is a victim.
    However, in any way - it would be good to develop more insight / knowledge re POW Camps' Eagles - subject is worth researching - not doubts

Quote by kosa View Post
    Hahaha. Is the friend of yours a member of the Lesko Forgery Ltd. looking to expand business internationally? The "Danish" birds flooded Allegro two years ago.

?

In that case - I would say - my Friend is a victim.
    However, in any way - it would be good to develop more insight / knowledge re POW Camps' Eagles - subject is worth researching - not doubts
    I thought he was the CEO. How are you going to research trench art?

p.s. Start with Zawistowski's publications to avoid looking for a needle in a haystack.

Cheers

Page 88 of 226 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 98 138 188 ... LastLast