Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 94 of 226 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 144 194 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Quote by kosa View Post
    Tony, the prima facie evidence of the period of manufacture is fastening. Copper lugs came out in 1933. Insignia worn by the Rifleman and the Polish Legion had wire fasteners or were sewn onto a hat. Please move the post to the II RP section.

Cheers
    Thanks kosa. Exactly my contention insofar as the copper lugs, but also the white metal construction (as it appears to me to be). My understanding is that the early version was stamped in 'yellow' brass. But the other party is holding fast to this version with the copper lugs was produced in 1914.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    My understanding is that the early version was stamped in 'yellow' brass. But the other party is holding fast to this version with the copper lugs was produced in 1914.
    So is mine. Genuine Rifleman and Polish Legion hat badges were made from brass. White metal was introduced into production of hat badges as late as in 1933. The hat badge in the picture is from the interwar period. They often pop up on the market. I can’t help it

For your viewing pleasure two very nice examples of the Polish Legion genuine hat badges.

Orze³ 2 Pu³ku U³anów Legionowych - Aukcja 106 Dzie³a Sztuki Antyki DESA Kraków - 305
    Orze³ 1 Pu³ku U³anów Legionowych "Beliniacki" - Aukcja 129 Dzie³a Sztuki Antyki DESA Kraków - 281

Cheers
    Last edited by kosa; 01-13-2014 at 06:11 AM. Reason: links to hat badges

A very informative thread gents,

In the labyrinthe of this hobby there is always another tunnel to follow

I haven't managed to read all of the near 100 pages yet but have already learned 100% more than I knew about these badges.

Whilst serving in Berlin I was in the habit of adding Warsaw Pact items to my collection (a "know your enemy" sort of thing ) and whilst doing so picked up the eagle pictured below. Not being a communist item it sort of fell into the odds and ends box and to be truthful I have always doubted the originality of it given that Polish militaria is so widely faked. In fact there arePolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles enough red flags to have me pretty much convinced although I never got round to getting rid of it.

This thread made me pause for thought and I wonder if anyone here can confirm my suspicions and tell me anything about it. For example what type it is meant to be, if it is from a known source etc?

Sorry about the poor pictures, I took them in a hurry and can do much better if required.

Regards

Mark
    PS How do I stop my pics landing in the middle of my text?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    A very informative thread gents,

In the labyrinthe of this hobby there is always another tunnel to follow

I haven't managed to read all of the near 100 pages yet but have already learned 100% more than I knew about these badges.

Whilst serving in Berlin I was in the habit of adding Warsaw Pact items to my collection (a "know your enemy" sort of thing ) and whilst doing so picked up the eagle pictured below. Not being a communist item it sort of fell into the odds and ends box and to be truthful I have always doubted the originality of it given that Polish militaria is so widely faked. In fact there arePolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles enough red flags to have me pretty much convinced although I never got round to getting rid of it.

This thread made me pause for thought and I wonder if anyone here can confirm my suspicions and tell me anything about it. For example what type it is meant to be, if it is from a known source etc?

Sorry about the poor pictures, I took them in a hurry and can do much better if required.

Regards

Mark
    PS How do I stop my pics landing in the middle of my text?
    Hi Mark,

The pictures are good enough. This is a post war reproduction of the National Defence eagle hat badge.
    This variant was designed for the National Defence to replace other wz.19 eagle hat badges on the 1st of September 1939...It had a white and red fabric backing. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply, seems I was right to be suspicious. It came with other items that I actually was interested in and as a repro it's not the most offensive item so it can stay in the odds and sods box until I find a use for it!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Thanks for the reply, seems I was right to be suspicious. It came with other items that I actually was interested in and as a repro it's not the most offensive item so it can stay in the odds and sods box until I find a use for it!

Regards

Mark
    Hi again,

Indeed, it's not the most offensive repo The reverse of a genuine National Defence eagle badge would show sharp details. This eagle often pops up on the market.

Regards

Fellows
    The picture says it all!
    Polish Hat Eagles

One more - from Sikorski's!

Polish Hat Eagles

I like this one!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

I love this women cap One day i want to see similar in my room

Page 94 of 226 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 144 194 ... LastLast