Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 99 of 226 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 149 199 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows
    Exceptional pictures of some of the Polish Classics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    I have just received pictures of this very interesting Eagle - found in the set of items associated with 14 Wileński Battalion Strzelców "Żbików" - size c45mm high. Looks to me like a very high quality product - perhaps 'one off", but - perhaps we can identify / categorise this variant?
    I am not even sure if it is a ww2 period item.

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Hi Artur,

I can't offer too much other than it reminded me of this one.

Polish Hat Eagles

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello all, This is my first post on this forum This my little collection of wz 1919 eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Hello Szaniec and welcome aboard. You have a fine collection underway . These all appear to be pre-WW2 eagle badges, so ideally they would best be posted in the Polish 2nd Republic section of the forum. Perhaps a parallel thread to this one should be created to cover all the pre-WW2 eagle types.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Szaniec
    Welcome on the Forum.
    Small collection?!!! – I would say this is an understatement – big time.
    Congratulations – you have managed to assemble a great set.
    I see even – Knedler’s one – in good condition!

Tony and Others – I think – it is a great idea to create the “line” on Pre-39 eagles.

However, if You allow me to be “creative and a bit provocative” + provide suggestion, I would think that it would be better to a) change the name of this line to Polish Pre-39 and WW2 Exile - Cap Eagles and b) start adding the pre-39 Eagles.
    At the end of the day – Eagle is the universal symbol of Poland and thinking in categories of marketing lingo of IT gurus - “internet is the ultimate viral tool to distribute the knowledge” - this unification would drive bigger crowd of collectors to the subject and the Polish cause - that already attracted 250,000 clicks.
    All this above – is just a suggestion – comments welcome.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hello Szaniec and welcome aboard. You have a fine collection underway . These all appear to be pre-WW2 eagle badges, so ideally they would best be posted in the Polish 2nd Republic section of the forum. Perhaps a parallel thread to this one should be created to cover all the pre-WW2 eagle types.

Regards,
    Tony

thnx for reply Knedler is in good condition but without brand Knedler cap, Maybe someone can create topic with pre-39 Eagle's and i could put better photo of each one, btw sorry for my english it is very poor.

Congratulations great collection

Earlier on there were some POW eagles posted. Here is a fine example one such eagle badge that adorned the furażerka cap of Halina Wilimczyk.

Polish Hat Eagles

Halina was a young courier serving in the underground resistance in Warsaw. After the capitulation of the insurgents in early October 1944, following two months of fierce battle, she was transferred to Stalag VI C Oberlangen. The women imprisoned here were freed in April 1945 by the 1st Polish Armoured Division. The "furażerka" wedge cap was evidently the favoured head wear.

Polish Hat Eagles

After Liberation Halina traveled to Italy to enlist with the Polish 2nd Corps. Here she is pictured in service dress with insignia of the 5th Kresowa Infantry Division. All of you collectors will recognize the plastic 'harmonica factory' insignia.

Polish Hat Eagles

Regards,
    Tony

Fellows
    Just found - a very nice version of the Army Eagle by J.R Gaunt of London.
    This one is interesting - 100% made of brass with silver finish and no oxidation.

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Page 99 of 226 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 149 199 ... LastLast