Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Polish military beret?

Article about: I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post these pictures, but I really know nothing of Polish militaria (despite my Great-Grandparents being from Poland). I got this a couple years ago

Default Polish military beret?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post these pictures, but I really know nothing of Polish militaria (despite my Great-Grandparents being from Poland). I got this a couple years ago in a lot of militaria I bought and I forgot about it until today.

It has a tag attached to it and I think it has something to do with a display or exibition in Montreal. Could someone clarify? Anyways, after a very close inspection, there are no markings anywhere inside. I guess that's a Major's rank on the outside but I am not sure what the horizontal insignia. It is in wonderful shape with no moth holes. Is it WWII or after? The condition would tell me after but I really don't know.

I like it, but it's outside my field of interest and will probably sell it soon, but to satisfy my curiosity and to further my knowledge of foreign militaria I would like to know more about it.

Thanks!

Mike

Polish military beret?
    Polish military beret?
    Polish military beret?

Default Re: Polish military beret?

Hi Mike, could we see the inside please?

Cheers, Ade.

Sure thing. Here you go. It just has a black nylon-like liner.

Mike

Polish military beret?

Hi Mike, it will be a post war Veteran's item. Sorry I cannot add any more info than that.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello,
    I think that such a pennons were in use in 1st Grenadiers Division
    Rafal