Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Polish military papers

Article about: Hi again, many thanks to Tony and Krakow for their help with the badges we have, now I have found some papers that I would really appreciate some assistance with. I guess the discharge paper

Default Polish military papers

Hi again, many thanks to Tony and Krakow for their help with the badges we have, now I have found some papers that I would really appreciate some assistance with.
    I guess the discharge papers are fairly straight forward but the other document is in Polish and I cannot decipher other than the odd word using Google translate.
    Does anyone know what the 1946 document is? This document does show that he was with the military police, 17 squadron if my crude translation is correct and this ties in with the picture that we had as well.

Another question - is it possible to find service records for Polish vets?

Many thanks in advance! The more we dig, the more we know about this family memeber...
    jim

Polish military papersPolish military papersPolish military papers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish military papers  

Hello Jim,

The document numbered 003491 is for the 2nd Corps Badge which should have the same corresponding number on it.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. Family members can apply for Polish Service Papers from the British M-o-D, but they now charge for this service and you have to provide documentation.

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Jim,

The document numbered 003491 is for the 2nd Corps Badge which should have the same corresponding number on it.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. Family members can apply for Polish Service Papers from the British M-o-D, but they now charge for this service and you have to provide documentation.
    Many thanks Andrzej!
    Do you know what szeregowy translate to? I believe this is his rank.

thanks again,
    jim

Hi Jim,

szeregowy = private

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Jim,

szeregowy = private

Cheers,
    Tony
    Thanks Tony!

I had checked the name against known soldiers in Warsaw Uprising, but he is not there.