Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Polish Navy in Exile

Article about: This was up for sale on ebay in 2004, claimed to be the ensign for the ORP Garland. The seller is a known authority on Polish militaria, so there's a good probability that this is a genuine

Hi Everyone,

I must admit that the Polish Navy is one of my weak area's of knowledge, but I just thought that you might like to see what I have found on the Internet.

Polish Navy in Exile

Stefan de Walden

Polish Navy in Exile

Virtuti Militari silver cross and Legitymacja Nr: 11073 awarded to Kmdr ppor T Gorazdowski

Polish Navy in Exile

Virtuti Militari silver cross and Legitymacja Nr: 8588 awarded to Kmdr por Romuald Tyminski

I hope that you like them

Best wishes

Andrzejku

?

Polish Navy in ExileAndrzejku, thank you for posting this important grouping. Ppor. Tadeusz Gorazdowski is known for never having lost a single crew member under his command. He settled in Canada after the war. It had an opportunity to meet his nephew, who shared some fantastic stories. His awards, bandera and documents were donated to the Polish naval museum by his daughter, she was fulfilling his wishes. I have attached a well known photo from the Sikorski Institute. Gorazdowski is first on the left.

Hello Everyone,

I have been going through some of my old photographs that I took at the Sikorski Museum from the 1970's - 2000, If you have seen this one before from the articles on the Sikorski Museum, I apologise.

Situated on the Staircase from the 2nd Floor upto the 3rd Floor (not open to the Public) is a display of 3 British Medals (so what I hear you say?).

They happen to be a British Distinguished Service Cross and 2 Distinguished Service Medals all awarded in 1946 to Crew of the ORP Orzel.

Polish Navy in Exile

(Click the photograph to enlarge in a new page)

Distinguished Service Cross awarded to Kapitan.Mar.Woj. Florian Roszak, Born 17th April 1912, Died : 8th June 1940, ORP Orzel

Polish Navy in Exile

Kpt.Mar.Woj. Florian Roszak DSC

Distinguished Service Medal awarded to Chor.Mar.Woj. Waclaw Foterek, Born 8th September 1899, Died: 8th June 1940 ORP Orzel

Distinguished Service Medal awarded to Chor.Mar.Woj. Jozef Stelmaszyk, Born 4th November 1902, Died: 8th June 1940 ORP Orzel

Polish Navy in Exile

Chor.Mar.Woj. Jozef Stelmaszyk DSM

Polish Navy in Exile

A more up to date photograph of the 3 awards 1 x DSC and 2 x DSM

Polish Navy in Exile

Reverse of the Distinguished Service Cross awarded to Lt. Florian Roszak.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Last edited by andrzejku98; 10-30-2021 at 02:42 PM. Reason: new photographs added

Hello Everyone,

I found this photograph of a Uniform that was on display for the 50th Anniversary of World War 2 at the Sikorski Museum 1st September 1989.

Polish Navy in Exile

(Double click the photograph to enlarge in a new window)

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

I found this coloured photograph on the internet and thought I would share it with you:

Polish Navy in Exile

Kapitan mar. Jan Grudzinski VM Silver Cross Nr: 8803, VM Gold Cross Nr: 103

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I have been going through some of my old photographs that I took at the Sikorski Museum from the 1970's - 2000, If you have seen this one before from the articles on the Sikorski Museum, I apologise.

Situated on the Staircase from the 2nd Floor upto the 3rd Floor (not open to the Public) is a display of 3 British Medals (so what I hear you say?).

They happen to be a British Distinguished Service Cross and 2 Distinguished Service Medals all awarded in 1946 to Crew of the ORP Orzel.

Polish Navy in Exile

(Click the photograph to enlarge in a new page)

Distinguished Service Cross awarded to Kapitan.Mar.Woj. Florian Roszak, Born 17th April 1912, Died : 8th June 1940, ORP Orzel

Polish Navy in Exile

Kpt.Mar.Woj. Florian Roszak DSC

Distinguished Service Medal awarded to Chor.Mar.Woj. Waclaw Foterek, Born 8th September 1899, Died: 8th June 1940 ORP Orzel

Distinguished Service Medal awarded to Chor.Mar.Woj. Jozef Stelmaszyk, Born 4th November 1902, Died: 8th June 1940 ORP Orzel

Polish Navy in Exile

Chor.Mar.Woj. Jozef Stelmaszyk DSM

Best wishes

Andrzej

Dear Andrzej

I was very happy when I found that your post.
    I am a relative of Capt. margins. Florian Roszak.
    I have a request for the return contact email j_korek@poczta.fm to exchange information (about DSC award) that I see could shed new light on my search of all souvenirs from a relative.

Thanks in advance for your reply

J.Kornaszewski

Hello Jakub,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, I have sent you a private email, I have found a couple of new photographs of Officers of the ORP Orzel (Eagle).

Polish Navy in Exile

11th December 1939 Commander Jan Grudzinski in the UK

Polish Navy in Exile

Kpt mar Florian Roszak.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

I found this photograph whilst surfing the internet, note the crowned eagle on the helmet of the gunner

Polish Navy in Exile

click the photograph to enlarge

Best wishes

Andrzej

Fantastic photograph.
    Notice also the helmets chinstrap, for what i can see, is something write on it- personal name, ships name or quarter maybe..? Great find.

?

Hi Everyone

Andrzej thanks for photos.
    I have this photo with profile of capt. Florian Roszak. We used it to make a commemorative plaque that was placed recently at his family home.
    Here are a few photographs from the ceremony:
    Uroczysto

about Polish Naval Uniform - I enclose a photo of Capt. Florian Roszak of June 28, 1938 year.
    Photo taken at the wedding of the daughter of Polish envoy in the Hague Dr. Waclaw Bobiński.
    Capt. Florian Roszak was accompanied by one of the bridesmaids, which was the daughter of the ambassador of Brazil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Navy in Exile  

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast