Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polish para

Article about: Hi there i think it finaly worked can some help id the bird and why in the wreath and also what the value is of the wings I may be scaling my collection back.Tanks

Default Polish para

Polish paraPolish para Hi there i think it finaly worked can some help id the bird and why in the wreath and also what the value is of the wings I may be scaling my collection back.Tanks

?

Default Re: Polish para

Ok ..
    First off, the wing is good !!!

Strz. (Private) Roman MALISZEWSKI
    2nd Battalion (HQ Company).
    Jumped from Aircraft Chalk number 46 on 21st September 44 at Driel.
    (Not recorded as either being wounded, taken POW, or receiving any medals of merit of distinction).

Wing 3901.
    Training/Qualification Course 76 at Ringway (Manchester) October 1943.

Gary J.

What is the significance of the "swallow" type bird on what looks like felt backing that is placed inside the wreath?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Never seen this before .... it's not part of the official badge.

Gary J.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    What is the significance of the "swallow" type bird on what looks like felt backing that is placed inside the wreath?

?

Dove of Peace? (JOKE).

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Never seen this before .... it's not part of the official badge.

Gary J.
    Nor me. Were any Polish paras seconded to 2PolCorps units? The swallow type bird looks very similar in design to one of the beret badges of a 2PolCorps unit whose identity I can't recall at the moment?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Some did transfer or were transferred across, but then did not act in a paratrooper format.

Cheers

Gary J.

(Dove of peace ... that crossed my mind as well)

Hi all have decided to sell wings but i dont know the value i know it is rare but i dont want to give away either. I have had interest in the wings. I have had problems with the classified page (keep getting redirected out unknown page) Thanks for your time my wife wants a trip for our 25th thats why i,m selling.

Put it on Ebay.

?

For all those who have been chasing an original wing, ... here's your chance.
    An honest, clean, non messed with "Field Parachute Badge", - Arnhem related !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast