Polish Para Info

Article about: Hi, can anyone help me out on this please ? I'm interested in any info on Henryk Warszada number 39026, who served in the 1st Polish Parachute Brigade. Also if possible I would like to know

Default Polish Para Info

Hi, can anyone help me out on this please ? I'm interested in any info on Henryk Warszada number 39026, who served in the 1st Polish Parachute Brigade. Also if possible I would like to know if he war awarded the Virtuti Militari . Look forward to replies. Cheers. Steve

Hello Steve,

I have looked through the Register of the Order Virtuti Militari by Dr. Andrzej Suchcitz found no listing for Henryk Warszada, also not listed in Prof. Wesolowski's Order Virtuti Militari Register.

Kpt. Jan Lorys Book of the recipients of the Polish Parachute Badsge lists him as follows:

Entry Number: 6220. WARSZADA HENRYK Para Badge Nr: 4137, Combat Wreath Nr: 1082 Kapral 1SBS.

So unfortunately not a recipient of the Virtuti Militari Order.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Steve,

Gleaned a little bit more for the internet re Henryk Warszada I have found the following

1) St. Strz. Henryk Warszada listed in the Materialy Book of the 1st Independent Parachute Group

2) St.Strzelec Henryk Warszada also fought with the Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade at Tobruk, perhaps Thomas the Tank Engine can confirm the award of the SBSK badge to him.

3) Henryk Warszada Born 1st February 1916, Married in 1953 Irene Oates Gowshall (Born in 1930), Henryk died in Huddersfield on the 12th July 2003 aged 87, Irene had already died in 2001.

4) If this is the correct Henryk Warszada then please find attached a late in life photo

Name:  Henryk Warszada.png
Views: 204
Size:  157.3 KB

Here's hoping that this is the same person.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Many thanks for your info. Yes you've got the right person, so the picture and all the details you found are great. Much appreciated. Cheers. Steve

?

Default Any info sought om polish para francisek brotz ser no 66054

Inspired by the thread just thought id ask if any one has info about this man, the institute tell me they have no records,like to know his eagle number if possible,

Hello CollinC,

May I welcome you to the forum, I have looked through Kpt Jan Lorys Book on recipients of the Parachute Badge with no joy in finding a FRANCISZEK BROTZ.

Do you have the correct spelling of his Surname.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

hello andrzej,thanks for your response, yes spelling and number both correct,all i have come across for him is his marriage and death in 1994,name is correct papers definatley say 1st independant parachute brigade,i have his zaswiadczenie 66054 st stzrelec,document no88162, dated 7/5/47 and 18/10 48 ,medical cert 26/3/47 , award cert of british war medal for service 1/12/44 -2/9/45, and polish resettlement corps no 30075277 rank l cpl ,station sudbrooke park nr lincoln,as he isnt listed as qualified para,does this mean he was admin or does the book not include post arnhem qualifications ? regards col

The book includes post Arnhem Paratrooper qualified personnel.
    NIE ZAPOMNIJMY O KRESACH.

?

ive just ordered a copy anyway,thankyou kracow1 for your response,seems i wont need to chase this for an eagle,regards colinc