Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Para Veteran needs help

Article about: Dear friends My step father was in the 1st Independent Polish Parachute Regiment - Over the years he has lost items - such as his beret. I am trying to locate the following replicas: A beret

McGonagle
    ?

Exclamation Polish Para Veteran needs help

Dear friends
    My step father was in the 1st Independent Polish Parachute Regiment - Over the years he has lost items - such as his beret. I am trying to locate the following replicas:
    A beret
    A cap badge
    A diving eagle badge

Can anyone help me and help a sweet and gentle old man

Default Re: Polish Para Veteran needs help

Hello McGonagle and welcome aboard,

Wonderful to read that you’re helping out your step father like this. Ebay is a good place to look for these items.

For a replacement badge here’s a good candidate. I believe that these were issued by the Hartenstein Airborne Museum in Oosterbeek Holland for collectors, so it would be ideal to use as a replacement:

WW2 POLISH Para Qualification badge wings | eBay

Here’s a grey beret (metric size 55 which I believe is a ‘medium’ common size), that would be suitable if it fits. The same seller has a small 51 size as well. Just replace the badge.

Royal Air Force RAF Blue Grey Beret with badge 55 | eBay

And as far as the cap badge, I’m sure that I have a suitable one that I’d be happy to send you free of charge on the condition that you provide us with some more information on your step father and keep us posted with how this project comes along! Just send me a private email via the forum and I’ll mail it out to you.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Best place for repro items ...

Soldier of Fortune

Type in Polish in the search engine ...

Gary J.

Good site Gary. I wasn't aware of it. Everything's on McGonagle list is there for very fair prices. Gotta love one stop shopping

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

hello mcgonagle,most everything you require is available online,i would love to know who this man is,any wartime stories or pictures you could share regards colinc