Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Pare badge and Pin authenticity

Article about: I am not sure whether this belongs here or not.... Please move if not appropriate. I have posted this here on a suggestion from a member of the British Army Badge Forum on the chance that yo

wright241
    ?

Unhappy Polish Pare badge and Pin authenticity

I am not sure whether this belongs here or not.... Please move if not appropriate.
    I have posted this here on a suggestion from a member of the British Army Badge Forum on the chance that you provide an answer.
    Apart from the securing nut and the 'eagle wreath/pin' badge the main badge was apparently damaged and I have had a lot of problems trying to get it fixed. However........
    I did try to do a swap of this with someone and was very surprised when he expressed an opinion that 'the badge' was not the real thing and may be a copy of an original....?

The main part of the badge is named to 'TOBIE OJLZYZNO' - unfortunately when I left Hamburg, like an idiot, I left my notes behind, so this name may not be 100% correct. The number also appears to be '1393'(?).

The pin/wreath badge is unmarked.

The securing nut is unmarked on either side.

The (detached) wreath and attaching 'pad' - has a mix of characters (to me, at least...) which appear to be 'a07?'.

From memory, he also didn't like the stamping impression.

The only problem I have, is that this was bought from a well established UK based dealer, who is (apparently) a member of the BABF.
    Bearing in mind various negative comments made about some of the other items that I believed were genuine (from the same person) and have now turned out to be fakes, I am not exactly sure whether this falls into the same category or not?

Can anyone either vouch as to whether this is a fake/forgery/genuine - or help in any way. I could get it fixed but I am not sure whether its cost effective in doing so, and whether it should be scrapped or, sent back for a refund - which I am reluctant to do as someone else will get screwed over.

I would be grateful for any comments about this badge.

Many thanks and rgds, David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Pare badge and Pin authenticity   Polish Pare badge and Pin authenticity  

Polish Pare badge and Pin authenticity   Polish Pare badge and Pin authenticity  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Pare badge and Pin authenticity  Polish Pare badge and Pin authenticity  Polish Pare badge and Pin authenticity  Polish Pare badge and Pin authenticity 

?

Default Re: Polish Pare badge and Pin authenticity

David,
    I'm afraid the badge and the wreath are both most definitely bad.

Sorry about that.

Regards

Gary J.