Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish regimental badges opinions please

Article about: Hi Guys These arrived with a load of German militaria and are out of my sphere of knowledge. I was hoping for some opinions on originality and potential value of them please. The first one I

Default Polish regimental badges opinions please

Hi Guys

These arrived with a load of German militaria and are out of my sphere of knowledge. I was hoping for some opinions on originality and potential value of them please.

The first one I have been able to identify as 7th Lubelski Lancers and I saw in the pinned regimental badges section an identical example posted with the comment that this is a very hard to find one. The second I have no clue on.

Any help or opinions greatly appreciated

Thanks

Patrick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish regimental badges opinions please   Polish regimental badges opinions please  

Polish regimental badges opinions please   Polish regimental badges opinions please  

Default Re: Polish regimental badges opinions please

Hi Patrick, and welcome to the forum. The pre-war 3 PAC is a copy. But the PSZnZ 7th Lancers badge looks good. Any chance of a picture without the spinner. You should see a metal disc serving as the base of the threaded post.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Many thanks Tony- here are some more pictures of the Lubelski badge. It also has a stamped in 2 numeral- I have seen these also with II written in Roman numerals as part of the strike- what is the significance of the number being stamped?
    What would a fair retail value on it be?

Thanks again

Patrick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish regimental badges opinions please   Polish regimental badges opinions please  

Yes, that indeed looks like a good one. You are correct, there were two versions, one with the manually stamped date modification over the original Roman numerals.

As far as valuation, the last one of these I recall seeing on the internet auction market in similar condition to yours with enamels fully intact sold for about $750, if memory serves. Definitely not a common badge.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Personal records show these as recently sold, in unperfect condition as seen, for $380, $470, $280 and $487.
    regards
    D

Attached Images Attached Images Polish regimental badges opinions please 

wow how would have known that a polish piece like this would be worth so much thanks for teaching me something guys never a dry day on this forum !! and congrats patrick great way to make your first post

You would be suprised by the prices of pre-1945 Polish militaria - especially uniforms, insignia and weapons.

Three more results for you, (US$):

Sept 2011 - $700:

Feb 2012 - $1125:

And this is the one I was thinking of in my earlier post - Sept 2010, sold for $750:

Regards,
    Tony

Hi Guys

Many many thanks for posting the other examples and prices- looks like I got lucky on this one! I had no idea these things were as valuable as that- I think I will keep an eye out for Polish items in future!

Hi Patrick, yes, definitely a good find. Congratulations. But as evidenced by dorava's post of recent market results, things are not a buoyant nowadays. Blue chip pieces are still seeing strong results, but in general it’s been more of a buyers market lately.

Cheers,
    Tony