Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 148 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

?

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

very nice example 100% ok
    wonder what you paid for that one...so many years ago..
    it is an earlier example than the one made by Kirkwood...
    could MR be the signature of the maker Rubin?

?

very nice example 100% ok
    wonder what you paid for that one...so many years ago..
    it is probably earlier example than the one made by Kirkwood...?
    could MR be the signature of the maker Rubin?

?

Hello Vic,
    Very good to see you on board

Your badge ..
    That's an interesting item, ....
    Marked 925 .. which is classed as a "Sterling Silver".

123 .. might this be the chaps issue number ?

Also, what is the physical size of the badge.

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by vicjoy1945 View Post
    And...of course...the back !! Please forgive my (lack of) photographic skills

Whatchya think !?!

Vic

?

2nd Corp MP qualification Breast Badge. (Lorioli)

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Hey Guys !!

Here's my first post on the forum.

First let me say I'm thrilled to have a forum devoted to Polish militaria. As the son of a Polish II Corp veteran, I've been interested in Polish militaria and militaria in general virtually all my life.

I found this 1st Rifle Brigade badge at a local show . . .
    Hello Vic, and great to have you aboard!!

I’ll second and third the other on your 1st Rifles Brigade badge. I believe dorava is correct that this badge may in fact be a Rubin product. From what I recall lower production costs resulted in this order being given to Rubin over local makers.

And here’s another ‘cost conscious’ twist to this unit’s badge: As you know, Edinburgh based Kirkwood & Sons did make the most common variant of this badge (which is not to say that the badge is common by any stretch!). The account I have was that the fiscally challenged Poles asked that Kirkwood supply only the parts for the badge and that they would complete final assembly to save a few shillings.

Regards,
    Tony

?

Tony, .. that account would tie in nicely, .. as of the 1st rifle brigade badges I've seen, don't really have that fully professional look as to where the two pieces have been fixed together !!
    .. All seem to vary in the quality and style of fixing.

Gary J.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    The account I have was that the fiscally challenged Poles asked that Kirkwood supply only the parts for the badge and that they would complete final assembly to save a few shillings.

Regards,
    Tony

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Tony, .. that account would tie in nicely, .. as of the 1st rifle brigade badges I've seen, don't really have that fully professional look as to where the two pieces have been fixed together !!
    .. All seem to vary in the quality and style of fixing.

Gary J.
    Agreed. There is a definite certain crudeness to the assembly. And when I heard this account from an elderly collector knowledgeable about the Pierwsza Brygada Strzlecow and its badge it rang true for just this reason.

Regards,
    Tony

Hey Guys !!

Thanks for the warm welcome and the "thumbs up" on the 1st Rifle Brigade Badge. As I mentioned, I don't have access to (or the ability to read) any of the Polish language reference books. There was one one or two reference books on Polish Exile militaria back in the day...I'm sure there are more now !?!

I'll pull some more Polish II Corp badges out and photograph them for the board. I don't have a huge selection but there are some fairly interesting ones. In addition, I have a number of groupings that I really need to photograph and document.

Vic

Vic
    Welcome to the Club – I ma so happy that our community is growing and it is clear to me that we have already managed to assemble a good crew of people interested in the subject.
    I have been in Canada this week on business – back in London on weekend – will post some additional badge,
    I have collars for the MP badge posted earlier, so this can be a good addition.

We are looking forward to seeing some of your other badges.

A

Hey Guys !!

Thanks for the warm welcome and the "thumbs up" on the 1st Rifle Brigade Badge. As I mentioned, I don't have access to (or the ability to read) any of the Polish language reference books. There was one one or two reference books on Polish Exile militaria back in the day...I'm sure there are more now !?!

I'll pull some more Polish II Corp badges out and photograph them for the board. I don't have a huge selection but there are some fairly interesting ones. In addition, I have a number of groupings that I really need to photograph and document.

Vic

G
    Just to supplement some of the excellent badges / artefacts associated with 1SBS – I am attaching my small contribution.
    What do You think about the collar?

All – please post your 1SBS badge so that we have a complete collection

A
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Page 11 of 148 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast