Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 117 of 148 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1478

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Hello Miko, and welcome to the forum. Great to have you aboard.

You've made your entrance with one of the rarest badges, that of the Polish 2nd Corps Armoured Cavalry Officers School (Szkoła Podchorążych Kawalerii Pancernej). The copies that have surfaced are well made, and coupled with the lack of genuine examples set a dangerous stage.

I'm sorry that your welcome here is not going to be greeted with a positive opinion on your badge. Posted below is a side by side comparison with a genuine example. Immediate difference is seen in the quality of translucent enamel through which the backing pattern of the cavalry pennon is visible. Picchiani & Barlacchi (P&B) and other period Italian makers of Polish badges were masters of quality enamelwork. Another unique characteristic of P&B badges is the brass threaded post with the characteristic thread ending on the tip. Look for this when assessing P&B products. On the reverse side note the "rivets" holding the parts together. P&B used wire prongs, which was a weakness of their badge construction often resulting in failure and separation of the parts. Hence the many solder repair jobs seen on original badges. Note that on your badge there are "cut" marks, yet no wires. Compare to the original badge. This suggests your badge was cast from an original. There are other troubling differences such as the numeral in the date 1946, the length of the pennon, surface finish, etc.

Click on photos to magnify

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony,

Thank you very much for the reply, It was very hard to find any information on the badge, and I am glad I know the truth. Do you know if there were un-numbered examples or should all be numbered?

All the best,

Miko

Hi Miko,

You’re most welcome.

According to K. Barbarski of the PISM, in his 1985 issue Zeszyt Specjanlny Nr. 1, issue badges were serial numbered.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

My father was in Szkole Podchorazych Kawalerii in Italy, here are a few pictures of his badge and documents. Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2
    I also have several photographs taken in Gallipoli during 1945-46 if you're interested
    M

Hello Marl an welcome to the forum. Thanks for your post. Wonderful to see an original set like this.

Quote by Marl View Post
    . . . I also have several photographs taken in Gallipoli during 1945-46 if you're interested M
    Absolutely. Please do post for us.

Regards,
    Tony

?

Thanks Tony, here are a few more items from my father's collection including some of the photo's from Gallipoli, Italy 1945-46. Maybe other users will recognize their own father or grandfather in the photo's.
    Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2

?

Here are two 2nd Warsaw Armored Division arm badges hand made in aluminium. Have you seen or have you got similiar ones?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Hi civil,

I've posted a comment on this thread:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...45-7-a-540702/

Cheers,
    Tony

?

Maybe someone can help me.

Its personal.

My grandfather served in:
    - 28. X. 1931 - assigned to 4 Pułk Piechoty Legionów [4th Legions Infantry Regiment]
    - 29. X. 1931 - assigned to 5 kompania strzelecka, stanowisko strzelec [5th company rifle infantry, as rifleman]

Then:
    - 23. III. 1932 moved to 16 [I cant read out] K.O.P. / As for me it appears to be Korpus Ochrony Pogranicza [Border Protection Corps], 16 batalion graniczny [16th border battalioon]
    - 24. III. 1932 assigned to pluton łączności na stanowisko telefonisty [platoon signals position telephone operator]

20. IX. 1933 Moved to reserve

All that happened before the war, as you can see. I have his military service book, and couple photos. Unfortunately my gradfathers house had burnt, which made them lose pretty much all of their belongings, and items they had. Whatever of any value was left, was either lost over the times, or stolen.

I thought of rebuilding a set, my grandfather might have been using, in his service, but since Im Polish, I know how highly priced all the Polish items are, which makes this, one of "to do" things.

I guess, I could start with a badge of his unit, or units.

Could anyone tell me how rare it is, what is the price range of it?

/Edit.

I have no idea about variants of the badges, and to which ones he would have been entitled to get.
    Last edited by Ylang; 09-08-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Could someone please help me identify Carpathian Rifle Brigade badge number: 2493?