Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 118 of 148 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1478

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

mgee
    ?

This is my first post on this amazing site so thank you to everyone and I hope this is interesting
    Its a chrome plated cigarette case that has a number of applied badges on them.
    It was in an auction lot with an Iraqi silver cigarette case and an aluminium Afrika Korps POW cigarette case
    With the help of this thread I have identified most as being Polish badges of WW2
    However I cannot identify the badge (I think its silver) showing a Polish Army cap with 3 stars.
    I wonder if an one would have any idea about that particular badge and also I would really appreciate any comments on anything else
    I hope it is interesting for visitors and contributors to this site
    Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Hello mgee, this captain's hat (three rank stars), is the traditional Polish army "rogatywka" and is simply a decorative addition to the cigarette case. Same with the anchor and the venetian gondola. Nice looking piece, thanks for sharing with us.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

mgee
    ?

Thank you Tony
    Do you know what the fleur de lis / Knot is.
    I think I have found all the others on this thread
    Kind regards
    MG

fleur de lis / Knot = Boy Scout I think.

James is correct
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

stefanoesposito
    ?

Quote by Marl View Post
    Thanks Tony, here are a few more items from my father's collection including some of the photo's from Gallipoli, Italy 1945-46. Maybe other users will recognize their own father or grandfather in the photo's.
    Attachment 946784Attachment 946785Attachment 946780Attachment 946783Attachment 946782Attachment 946790Attachment 946789Attachment 946788Attachment 946787Attachment 946786Attachment 946792Attachment 946795
    Good evening mister Marl, I'am a history buff and I saw your photos in this forum.
    We can exchange photos?
    Best regards. Stefano

?

Hi Stefano I have more pictures from my father's collection, some from the Stalag POW camps and more from his time in Italy in 1945/6. Let me know which ones you're interested in and I can post them on the forum.
    Regards M

Hi, how do you add a picture? I have a badge that belonged to my wife's grandfather but we don't really know what it is. It could be either a cap badge or a breastfeeding badge or something completely different.

Default What is this?

I have a badge that belonged to my wife's grandfather but we don't really know what it is. It could be either a cap badge or a breastfeeding badge or something completely different.Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Cancel that I figured out how to put a picture up