Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 119 of 148 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1478

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Hello Stuart,

Welcome to the War Relics Forum, I hope that you do not mind me rotating your photograph for you,

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Other Ranks Badge of Horse Artillery 2nd Polish Corps (7 Pulk Artylerii Konnej) worn on the breast pocket left side, the cap badge worn by Polish Forces was the crowned Eagle clutching an Amazon shield.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Quote by StuartWalczakGillies View Post
    . . . It could be either a cap badge or a breastfeeding badge or something completely different.
    Andrzej has answered correctly. Shame that it turned out not to be the ultra-rare Polish 2nd Corps breastfeeding badge though. ;-)

Welcome aboard! Cheers,
    Tony
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 01-14-2017 at 07:33 PM. Reason: typo
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Bartek
    ?

Hello!
    It is my first post on this forum. Usually my friend from this forum wrote questions from me, but it is time to do it myself.
    So, does anyone have list of receptions of badges from 8 Batalion Strzelców Brabanckich - Krawe Koszule? I have one with number, but i dont know who get it.
    Best regards
    Bartek

Hello Bartek,
    I can make error, but in my opinion, no listing with numbers exist for the 8th Battalion.
    If such a listing exists, I am very (VERY) interested.
    I have only very few numbers known ; give me your number, may be ?
    The document in the Sikorski Museum about this regiment is missing I am afraid.
    ZP
    Last edited by ze-pole; 01-24-2017 at 05:46 PM.

if only I knew everything in the world there is to know ! purchased these items at the nearly local collector's emporium ( scented candles, copperware, wicker things, toys , medals etc ). quite happy with the quote ' German Mountain Troops badge ' and North Wales District flash, could easily be blindsided as my knowledge is weak regarding the Grenadiers and Armoured troops badges. they look OK, but are they. over to the Oracles
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Hello,
    The Podhale breast badge, from the 1rst pol arm div, is wonderfull.
    Great item !
    I love the all set.
    Best regards.
    Ze Pole

Agreed with Ze-pole, the Podhale Rifles Battalion badge is a genuine Steinhauer. Nice find! The 16th Armoured patch is a scarcely seen bullion thread version. This the third and latest version of the insignia, and from circumstantial evidence I suspect late war or early post war produced, but cannot confirm this. The 4th Infantry Div and the Independent Grenadier Coy patches I'll leave for others more knowledgeable to comment on.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

forgive my musings , not Polish related but you get the drift , bought at the same time. the pin badge was also deemed to be German. the 16th Armoured badge appears to have had a thin paper backing to it when first manufactured.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

The 4th Infantry Div and the Independent Grenadier Coy patches

Hello Tony,
    Which patch do you connect with Independent Grenadier Company?
    The grenade patch was initially confirmed for the Coy but never worn.
    Greetings
    Rafal

Hi Rafal,

The “Prince of Wales Feathers”. I’ve seen this called the Independent Grenadiers insignia, although can’t say that I recall ever seeing it on a Polish uniform. It seems there’s some contention as to whether it is in fact a legitimate insignia, despite inclusion in reference sources.

Cheers,
    Tony