Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Friends,
    The Para Badge from my collection.

I have been told that first 500 badges had been kept in deposit of Polish High Command to be given to people who contributed to the formation / support of Para Forces and the Polish Cause overall.

This badge appears different from normal “K&S” issue with brass nut. This one appears to be brass made with silver cover – very hard to bend.

Can you please comment on the authenticy of this badge – looking forward to hearing your advice?

A

Quote by Gary J View Post
    1SBS

Field Glider Badge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

As promised – the MP collar badge
    Classic Lorioli made
    Nice design and quality

2nd Corp MP qualification Breast Badge. (Lorioli)

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Fellows
    Let’s continue posting the badges of the 2 Polish Corpus.
    Further contribution from me

9 Bolonski Battalion.
    A

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Here they are . . .

Top left: silver – marked “.800”

Top right: alpacca / white metal (copper-nickel-zinc alloy) – marked “ALP”

Bottom: plated zinc-alloy “pot metal”. Unmarked. Possibly unique make up for a Lorioli badge exhibiting typical characteristics where the base metal corrosive alloy composition results in the flaking off of the decorative plating.

Also posted is a seldom seen ‘deluxe’ cased version which houses an .800 silver badge

Coming up . . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

?

Interesting Badge !!!

The badge itself is a GR-TECH type, ... but the numbers stamped into the back are the Kirkwood type !.

I've checked the numbers 3, 7 and 4 against known Kirkwood impressions, and they all tally ok.

The Kirkwood spinner shows all the correct signs as well, even though it has been plated.

I suspect that this badge might possibly be from a run of GR-TECH badges that were left un-numbered, and at some point used from storage at Kirkwoods to make up the numbers in a pre-ordered batch. (The 330 - 500 run).

Normally, I would reject a cross over of badge types and numbering types, ...
    ......This is the one niggling question though,
    ......... the number fonts are a miss-match GR-TECH wing.

Gary J.

The one thing to bare in mind, is that the GR-TECH copies coming out of Poland are more or less spot on, ... AND sooner or later they will get the font style and numbering correct !
    Personally, that is why I have always stuck to the two known basic variants with their unique numbering styles.

I'll leave my conclusion at that, .. even though I expect a thousand "If's ... buts and maybes" ...

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Friends,
    The Para Badge from my collection.

I have been told that first 500 badges had been kept in deposit of Polish High Command to be given to people who contributed to the formation / support of Para Forces and the Polish Cause overall.

This badge appears different from normal “K&S” issue with brass nut. This one appears to be brass made with silver cover – very hard to bend.

Can you please comment on the authenticy of this badge – looking forward to hearing your advice?

A
    Last edited by Gary J; 11-08-2009 at 07:17 PM.

Thanks G
    Thanks G for judgement – impressive knowledge.
    Perhaps some other colleagues on the forum will know some additional clues?

A

Interesting Badge !!!

The badge itself is a GR-TECH type, ... but the numbers stamped into the back are the Kirkwood type !.

I've checked the numbers 3, 7 and 4 against known Kirkwood impressions, and they all tally ok.

The Kirkwood spinner shows all the correct signs as well, even though it has been plated.

I suspect that this badge might possibly be from a run of GR-TECH badges that were left un-numbered, and at some point used from storage at Kirkwoods to make up the numbers in a pre-ordered batch. (The 330 - 500 run).

Normally, I would reject a cross over of badge types and numbering types, ...
    ......This is the one niggling question though,
    ......... the number fonts are a miss-match GR-TECH wing.

Gary J.

The one thing to bare in mind, is that the GR-TECH copies coming out of Poland are more or less spot on, ... AND sooner or later they will get the font style and numbering correct !
    Personally, that is why I have always stuck to the two known basic variants with their unique numbering styles.

I'll leave my conclusion at that, .. even though I expect a thousand "If's ... buts and maybes" ...

Gary,
    why do you think that it is Gr Tech badge?
    In my opinion it is a Kirkwood badge - late production ("broken" eagle's wing).
    Rafal

?

Rafal,
    The deep "V" shape where the wings meet is the classic Gr-Tech shape from the die, ....
    I see what you mean about the later "broken wing" !

But the wing itself does not show any of the Kirkwood die flaws !

I think I would stick to it being a wing being struck from the GR-TECH style die.

Regards

Gary J.

Newb Alert... Can you guys explain what I'm looking for to designate what a late war 'broken wing' kirkwood would be? Am only just getting to grips with GR-tech and kirkwood, Are they the only two makers?

?

Mark,
    Yes they are the only two manufacturers.
    All other variants .. ie. in silver (marked Birmingham) etc. are NOT official issues.

Gary J.

Quote by mark_palmer17 View Post
    Newb Alert... Can you guys explain what I'm looking for to designate what a late war 'broken wing' kirkwood would be? Am only just getting to grips with GR-tech and kirkwood, Are they the only two makers?

Gary,
    you are right with V shape. But I saw K&S badge with V shape - probably personally made by owner.

Concerning "broken" eagle: all K&S badges with numbers approx. over 4700 has eagles' left wings "broken" (not sharp like earlier). The reason may be a result of die's damage (?).
    Greetings
    Rafal

Page 12 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 ... LastLast