Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 125 of 148 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1478

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Hi Randall, well, you have a tall order ahead of you in providing convincing information attesting to the legitimacy of the badge, and how this version has eluded the collecting community until now. The Polish militaria collecting world awaits . . .

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I was just wondering has any publication ever been done that details the various makers of Polish badges...or is that beyond the realms or possibility ? Whilst on the subject did HOPEATAKOMO of Finland produce for the polish. The mark is only on the spinner and its not to say the spinner is the correct one for the badge.
    Many thanks in advance

- - ------- - -

I was just wondering has any publication ever been done that details the various makers of Polish badges...or is that beyond the realms or possibility ? Whilst on the subject did HOPEATAKOMO of Finland produce for the polish. The mark is only on the spinner and its not to say the spinner is the correct one for the badge.
    Many thanks in advance

Quote by ackworth14 View Post
    Many thanks in advance
    Hi,

makers of the badges are named in the books of Sawicki/Wielechowski - although possibly other makers have existed, too. But it is very unlikely, that Hopeatakomo has made any badges for Polish troops. These spinners are quite common, so probably somebody has replaced a missing one.

regards
    Tomasz

?

Quote by ackworth14 View Post
    ...Whilst on the subject did HOPEATAKOMO of Finland produce for the polish...
    HOPEATAKOMO would rather make badges for the Gestapo and SS. Finland collaborated with Germany during WW2.

Cheers,
    Kosa

Quote by kosa View Post
    HOPEATAKOMO would rather make badges for the Gestapo and SS. Finland collaborated with Germany during WW2.

Cheers,
    Kosa
    This is not so simple... Finland was invaded by Soviet Union in late 1939 (like Poland) and didn't receive any help from the West. In June 1941 Russians striked again. In fact, 1941-44 German troops used Finnish territory (Lapland) to attack Soviets, but it was military cooperation only. Finland was not a fascist or racist state and never opressed Jews.

?

Quote by tompress View Post
    This is not so simple... Finland was invaded by Soviet Union in late 1939 (like Poland) and didn't receive any help from the West. In June 1941 Russians striked again. In fact, 1941-44 German troops used Finnish territory (Lapland) to attack Soviets, but it was military cooperation only. Finland was not a fascist or racist state and never opressed Jews.
    If I get you right, the Allies helped Poland in 1939 and that's why Poland didn't collaborate with Germany
    Sir, let me explain to you that Poland was invaded by both the Germans, and the Russians in 1939 but didn't collaborate with its wartime invaders. Finland did. That's it. By the way, a very nice badge as for a non-fasist state, isn't it.

As I wrote before, this is not so simple. Finland's situation during WW2 was very difficult and complicated. I recommend you to read some about Winter War and Continuation War. But "Polish regimental badges" thread is not a good place for discussions about it. Thank you

?

Quote by tompress View Post
    As I wrote before, this is not so simple. Finland's situation during WW2 was very difficult and complicated. I recommend you to read some about Winter War and Continuation War. But "Polish regimental badges" thread is not a good place for discussions about it. Thank you
    Oh, I clean forgot to add that the Finnish Government recruited men for service with the Waffen-SS. The SS commanders praised the Finnish Volunteer Battalion of the Waffen-SS for its combat performance, and Himmler said that where a Finnish SS-man stood, the enemy was always defeated. Nice.

P.s. No thread is a good one to discuss nonsense.

Best,
    Kosa

I would welcome more information about this badge which I believe is a prototype of the Carpathian Lancers.

Also is it an original pre-1945 made or fake?

Thank you for looking, Keith
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

V Bad one!

Quote by Popskipa View Post
    I would welcome more information about this badge which I believe is a prototype of the Carpathian Lancers.

Also is it an original pre-1945 made or fake?

Thank you for looking, Keith