Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 126 of 148 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1478

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    I think it – I may have found an interesting subject for us to focus on – a bit.
    I have acquired as “the curiosity” a very interesting variant of the Lion of the 6th Tank Regiment – (Dzieci Lwowskie)

It is an unusual one (when compared with the “more often seen model – let’s call it version 1”) – this version 2 - has English “omegas” fastening and material seems to different too.

I suspect that the version 1 of the Lion must have been made in Italy – but the version 2 – most likely when the regiment was posted to England in 1946.

It could be a “similar” story as with some of badges of 1 Arm Divisions (1st and 2nd Tank, Dragoons etc ) – with version 1 made in England and version 2 in Germany.

What do You think?

Have You ever come across a similar version?
    Please post pics.
    hi, my father served in the 6th armoured regiment , i am in process of replacing his lost/stolen medals and badges, if anyone knows of someone that is willing to part with the lion motif beret badge could you please ask to contact me , thanks

god day to all members, ref my last post trying to locate the lion motif beret badge of 6th armoured ( children of lwow) regiment.
    Tony (A J Zawadzki) has been a true gentleman and has parted with one from his collection,( without profit i may add) in order for me to complete my fathers replacement collection. This post thank you is the least i can do to show my appreciation for his generosity and assistance in helping me achieve what i set out to do, Thank You!! and to all of you on this forum that has given advice , please note that it has been much appreciated.

- - ------- - -

Thanks Anthony. Your project was most worthwhile, and you have created a fine tribute to your father's service.

And while here I spotted this post over looked previously:

Quote by Popskipa View Post
    I would welcome more information about this badge which I believe is a prototype of the Carpathian Lancers.

Also is it an original pre-1945 made or fake?

Thank you for looking, Keith
    I have read that this is one of the designs considered, but eventually this design was adopted:

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Recent ebay sale. Exceptionally rare and largely unknown badge of the 1st Cadet School n Tel-El-Kebir, Egypt. Don't hold your breath to see another one of these crop up any time soon:

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

interesting!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Thanks Artur. Yes, very interesting. Although the image is small and the text is indecipherable when magnified. Any chance at posting a higher resolution image?

Regards,
    Tony

Hello Tony,

Link below to the PISM Archives select the first one for 307, page down to Page 95,

PISM Archive, Documents LOT

Best wishes

Andrzej

Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2

I've inherited my granddad's medals and after getting his records last year from RAF Northolt have established that he was in the KOP, Podole Brigade, Czortkow Regiment. Fought in 36th Reserve Division Sep 1939, was deported to Russia then listed in 10th Division in Kazakhstan moving through Iran and then to Italy before arriving in UK in 1947. He was awarded Monte Cassino Cross number 604. Amongst the items I have is this pin badge. Does anyone recognise it at all, or could say what it is to do with?

Thanks.

Hello Ben,

I hope you do not mind me rotating your photograph for all to view, the Lapel Pin is not Polish that I know of, however one or more Forum members might be able to identify the Lapel Pin for you.

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thanks Andrzej - much appreciated.