Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Hi
    I have not come across a picture featuring foreign officer(s) with this badge.
    However, I would say that some members of Allied Forces may have been awarded this badge as there are a number of examples of Polish Badges / Patches and Orders / Medals being given to British, Canadian, Australian and US solders. One of the interesting examples is of The British Royal Hussars (I think that is the regiment) who carry the Mermaid Patch of Polish 2 Cor
    Hope it helps

Quote by LoCo View Post
    Does anyone know how often was "Znak Pancerny" given to foreign officers?
    I have a picture of an Estonian captain wearing the same badge. I guess it has something to do with selling of 6 TKS tankettes to Estonia in 1934/35.

BR

LoCo

Default Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Next Picture to our colelctive gallery

The Legendary Tobruk Badge
    Badge given to members of the Independent Carpathian Brigade (SBSK) then part of 3 Carpathian Rifles Division)
    ~4550 had been given

This is one of my favourite of all the Polish Badges.
    Solders of SBSK in large proportion gad fought in September and saw the action shortly thereafter on Africa

Each badge had been numbered and the Association of SBSK published the list of recipients.

I have seen a couple of recent transaction with the value of c 250£ put on this badge – in my view it is a bargain and I would be buying them for that price all day long.

There had been 3-4 types of this badge (silver / siver-bronze) - plese post the varieties you have.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

?

From a set I use to own !!

Kuc won the VM at Monte Cassino, .. he ran out of ammunition, and with some other men attacked a German machine gun nest just charging and throwing rocks at them ! ... the Germans backed off !

In Later Life, Kuc, whilst drunk, took his VM and threw it into the local river !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Fantastic set - greate story!
    Thanks for posting.
    The ID for the SBSK is a great find!
    I regret not being around whan You were selling

Quote by Polski44 View Post
    From a set I use to own !!

Kuc won the VM at Monte Cassino, .. he ran out of ammunition, and with some other men attacked a German machine gun nest just charging and throwing rocks at them ! ... the Germans backed off !

In Later Life, Kuc, whilst drunk, took his VM and threw it into the local river !

?

Something like this I wouldn't sell ... !!
    It was traded up for some original 1SBS items which are my "bread and butter" collecting wise ! ..

Cheers
    Gary J.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fantastic set - greate story!
    Thanks for posting.
    The ID for the SBSK is a great find!
    I regret not being around whan You were selling

Gary

I have been looking for an expert on 1SBS. A few weeks ago i have posted the badge of 1SBS minot Officer School - i did buy it years ago.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/colle...splay-5402-21/
    Subsequently Tony has posted his pictures

Ahat do You think about these badges - i can not find anybody with the same badge to compare. Perhaps You have one

You can click on Tony's and my pictures to enlarge
    What do You think?
    A

?

I have one too !
    The badge is totally unofficial, .. and to date, I have yet to see a photograph of one being worn.
    I have seen period paperwork from the 1SBS with this type of eagle used in part of the letterhead, but again the paperwork is not official business. (Typical usage of the paperwork is informal banter notices .... "when the next dance is" ... a "bulletin" for a social noticeboard etc.)

These were probably sold to be worn on "walking out" dress to officers ... or for officers "sweet-hearts" to wear ... but again, in an official capacity you never see them worn.

Very similar to the GQ parachute badge.
    An unofficial badge given to a para for doing his first jump using a "GQ" parachute.
    There is a picture in Peter Taylor's book (Allied Special Forces Insignia 1939-1949) Showing a 1SBS member wearing one and being quoted as the 1st Polish Para wing ....
    This is wrong .. the para is wearing it in a personal photograph. If he wore it on parade ... he would have been for an even higher jump !

Gary J.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    The Legendary Tobruk Badge . . . I have seen a couple of recent transaction with the value of c 250£ put on this badge – in my view it is a bargain and I would be buying them for that price all day long. . . . plese post the varieties you have.
    Just back to this site after some time away, and good to see some activity here. First off, thank you for posting the interesting background historical information along with the pictures of your badges. This makes the thread that much more valuable. It’s so very important to remember the history that these artifacts represent.

Here’s my Samodzielna Brygada Strzelców Karpackich "Tobruk" badge – an .800 silver version. I am kicking myself for missing out on one of these badges with matching document last year. The price was a very low 250USD. It’s not too likely that a similar matching set will come around for that price any time soon.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Quote by Polski44 View Post
    . . . Very similar to the GQ parachute badge.
    An unofficial badge given to a para for doing his first jump using a "GQ" parachute.
    There is a picture in Peter Taylor's book (Allied Special Forces Insignia 1939-1949) Showing a 1SBS member wearing one and being quoted as the 1st Polish Para wing ....
    This is wrong .. the para is wearing it in a personal photograph. If he wore it on parade ... he would have been for an even higher jump !

Gary J.
    Hi Gary,

Here’s a GQ parachute badge pictured in the new Sawicki book on Polish Armed Forces in the West militaria. It appears that the ‘proper’ means of wear was on the diagonal strap of the Sam Browne belt.

Incidentally, anyone with even a passing interest in the subject would do well to get a copy of this book. Tons of fascinating pictures will keep you buried in the pages of the book for hours.

T.

Quote by LoCo View Post
    Does anyone know how often was "Znak Pancerny" given to foreign officers?
    I have a picture of an Estonian captain wearing the same badge. I guess it has something to do with selling of 6 TKS tankettes to Estonia in 1934/35.

BR

LoCo
    Please post this photograph. I am very interested in seeing it.

To put a close to my posts of variants of the Znak Pancerny badge, here’s a pre-war version in silver made by Wiktor Gontarcyk, well known Warsaw based maker of Polish military badges. It has been converted at some time in the past to a pinback mount, probably because the threaded post had broken off. This badge was found in Bucharest, perhaps left behind in 1939 by a Polish soldier heading west to join the reforming Polish armed forces in France.

Also pictured is Lt. Col. Jerzy Glinski in a 1938 dated photograph with the badge mounted in its appointed spot on the uniform. Glinski was CO of the 8th Armoured Battalion.

Best,
    T.

Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast