Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 32 of 148 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Re the 1st Grenadiers badges:

First off, I’ll post pics of my marked K&S one later for comparison to yours. I not certain if Kirkwood marked all of their versions of this badge.

And speaking of versions of this badge, there seem to be quite a few. Several of which fall into the “suspect” category such as this one in my collection - pictured below. It is a very nicely die stamped example, and even has a ‘stabilizing pin’ on the reverse to keep it from rotating on the uniform. The spinner is looks just like the Societa Italiana/Medaglia type found on the 2nd Corps syrenka badge. Maybe this suggests an Italian maker for 2nd Corps issue? Veteran’s copy?

Regards,
    T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Here are pictures of Andrzejs Badge, with Legitymacja, and his picture.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

My documents show No 338, do you know how many badges where given?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows,

This is one of the “suspected” badges from my collection – 1 Grenadier’s Division
    It is K&S pattern – but, I am a bit concerned that it has not got K&S signatures

What would You say?
    Advice will be appreciated.

According the literature I have come across, there had been only 3 types of this badge

- 2 versions by Kirkwood (normal and combat) – both with K&S signatures – oxida brass
    - The Italian made brass one (combat) - no signatures

Has anybody got the close up pictures of Kirkwood’s badges with signatures?
    experience teaches that bogus renditions of originals of whatever ilk are " different " to said originals. if they were identical how would anybody know Caesar's judgment. with regard to your badge, if you study the die characteristics , for example the motto , you will notice many differences compared to the " suspect" version illustrated. your badge is more akin to the shown issued original, albeit sans oakleaves. even with the best will in the world, people who write books make mistakes.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Re the 1st Grenadiers badges:
    It is a very nicely die stamped example, and even has a ‘stabilizing pin’ on the reverse to keep it from rotating on the uniform. The spinner is looks just like the Societa Italiana/Medaglia type found on the 2nd Corps syrenka badge. Maybe this suggests an Italian maker for 2nd Corps issue? Veteran’s copy?
    Regards,
    T.
    Tony, Your example is a beautifully sculpted badge — most definitley made by a quality jeweller... who else would set this standard of craftsmanship or even think to put the stabalising pin on the obverse other than a firm that understands how to make the very best awards and badges. I would go for an Italian maker also.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

I had the opportunity to see some productions documents, I don’t know what is the correct term in English, coming from the archive of the company Lorioli. They produced 300 copies of this badge on May 1946.
    The document states that it has the usual 8 mm “round head screw” , and a small point “stabilizing pin” on the top of the reverse.
    So the badge posted by Tony seems to be exactly as described on the production documents of Lorioli.
    Regards
    Enzo

Hello!

Tony's badge have typical Lorioli's post. Can you measure diameter of the post?

The spinner can be not from this badge. I think Tony is right it look like spinner from 2nd Corps badge.

Quality of this badge suggest good maker. Lorioli's badges in my opinion are one of the best.

Regards Michal

Fellows
    This discussion is first class.
    This is the second badge from my collection - with Lorioli screw!
    Interestingly, I bought it years ago with 2Cor grouping and have always thought that it was not an original screw.

However, no stabilisation pin.
    The same pattern badge (characteristic back with the hole and front – brass) have been pictured in the book of Sawicki / Wielechowski

What do you think?

Quote by enca View Post
    I had the opportunity to see some productions documents, I don’t know what is the correct term in English, coming from the archive of the company Lorioli. They produced 300 copies of this badge on May 1946.
    The document states that it has the usual 8 mm “round head screw” , and a small point “stabilizing pin” on the top of the reverse.
    So the badge posted by Tony seems to be exactly as described on the production documents of Lorioli.
    Regards
    Enzo

Fellows
    Fascinating comparison – side by side!
    Interesting - differences in features for various types - especially between Italian made!

It is incredible how this forums aggregate the knowledge on Polish Badges on the global basis!

Which Badge with many types shall we consider for the next debate?

I always wanted to examine various Piachini - Barklachi Screw(s) – I have seen an few types: with crack / without and the ones with slightly higher “collar in the middle”

Page 32 of 148 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 132 ... LastLast