I am particularly interested in the history of the 1 Polish Armoured Division and over years I have read a lot of materials about various regiments that comprised the Division. However, with 2 exceptions
- Podhalanki Battalion (also know in Canadian semantics – 7 Polish Highlanders)
- 8 Battalion Brabanicki
I was trying to get to the bottom of why there has not been much about this 2 regiments (for instance nice regimental albums like for 1,2 Tank Regiments, 10 PSK, 10 Dragoons) – despite the great contribution, fighting track-record of both regiments + significant losses (biggest in the Division)
My theory is that – solders of Podhalanki Battalion, and 8 Brabanicki Battalion had seen a lot of action and suffered heavy casualties. The horror experiences had probably traumatised them and therefore, after the war they probably wanted to cut-off from those unpleasant memories.
But I may well be wrong
Thank you for posting the badge!Most of the ones being offered on ebay as copies,So I guess its still nice to have a original assoctiation issued one
Let’s have some quality debates around the VM Cross
Please post examples with explanations (documents, manufacturers, value estimates etc)
I have seen a number of VMs over years, but I have always been very cautious on acquisitions as it seems to me that VMs are heavily copied – so, in my view, really small chance to buy genuine one in “open market”
An year or so – I had taken the picture of this one for references
1. What do You think - genuine?
2. Anybody can tell the manufacturer of this pattern?
3. Is this the Free Forces one or perhaps form the period before WW2
4. Perhaps a replacement - no numbers?
In my opinion I think its a fake made by Panasiuk,It looks to have no gold color behinde the eagle as where in originals they do,The eagle looks bad and I do not like the font of the writing on it.
Only pre-war cross`s had numbers some which were taken out of Poland in 1939 to France and then in 1940 to Britian to be mostly awarded to troops in Italy.
It could be a post-war replacement made for a vetran who ordered it himself,But it would be impossible to confirm that
I collect, therefore I am.
Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.
We have been slow with discussions lately – what is going on?
Where are the good Polish badges?
I have a small issue to research
The Badge of the 1 Antitank Artillery Regiment of Maczek’s Division.
I have posted some pictures before on the forum, but to supplement the knowledge.
1. Has anybody know how-many may have been issued?
2. I have been told that there were 2 versions – with numbers and without – Has anybody got the Badge with Numbers - I have never seen it!
3. Has anybody spoken with Spink – manufacturer – still existing in London – regarding – how many of them have been made / when?
4. I have seen recently that in Poland – the price of 2800PLN (almost 700£) was paid - have You been aware of any other trades – pricing points?
5. I have been told that there has been a number of “clever fakes” around – has anybody got picture of those?
Can we please try to post pictures of all Sappers Badges / Engineers of the Polish Free Forces
Never seen this with numbers
and Spink has no information,
or at least is giving no information regarding