Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 41 of 148 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Hello, I have seen such a breast badge with a number. I were speaking with a Polish veteran in Normandy, during ceremonies on Montormel. But I think the number was made by the veteran himself. Probably with the same number on his Legitymacja. But at this time, I didn't have the idea to ask him the question. But I have seen this badge with number...
    The original is enough difficult to find... Copies are enough well made. Be carefull. And copies are proposed with screwback Spink and Son, London...

Ze-Pole
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Thank You Stan
    Anybody has answers for remaining questions?
    Anybody – with more close up pictures?

A

Quote by Stanislaw View Post
    Never seen this with numbers
    and Spink has no information,
    or at least is giving no information regarding
    Polish badges
    cheers
    Stan

Have You got the pictures of copies?

How much would You put as a price for the this Orginal Badge?

Has anybody go the the pictures of various versions of 10th Dragoons of the 1 Polish Armoured Division?

I have send a few versions over years – but truly can not figure out which are genuine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

?

Yet again I strongly recommend that you purchase "Polskie Siły Zbrojne na Zachodzie - pamiątki" Many of the questions you have asked on the forum are answered there. Just to make it fun for us collectors there are a few copies in this book. But that is a different chapter

?

Until you receive that book, I can share this version made by Steinhauer. There were a few other war time manufactures as well

Cheers,
    J
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Good one
    Congratulations !
    Can You send the picture of the back please?

Quote by 3 DSK View Post
    Until you receive that book, I can share this version made by Steinhauer. There were a few other war time manufactures as well

Cheers,
    J

I have seen this book – great and monumental work – need to get it when in Poland next
    In terms of constructive comments, The book could have been much better if it had CD with pictures attached to it – perhaps for second edition.

However, for me there is nothing better than close-up pictures in Digital Macro Format + experience of toer collectors + look at regimental records at Siskorski institute to compare / assess badges on relative basis (volume / manufacturers etc)

Quote by 3 DSK View Post
    Yet again I strongly recommend that you purchase "Polskie Siły Zbrojne na Zachodzie - pamiątki" Many of the questions you have asked on the forum are answered there. Just to make it fun for us collectors there are a few copies in this book. But that is a different chapter

I do not think it is Panasiuk one . Do you have any close-ups of his work – his www is average.

However I am still puzzled
    A

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Hey there,
    In my opinion I think its a fake made by Panasiuk,It looks to have no gold color behinde the eagle as where in originals they do,The eagle looks bad and I do not like the font of the writing on it.

Only pre-war cross`s had numbers some which were taken out of Poland in 1939 to France and then in 1940 to Britian to be mostly awarded to troops in Italy.
    It could be a post-war replacement made for a vetran who ordered it himself,But it would be impossible to confirm that

Regards
    Emil

3mk
    ?

Hey Wadowicznic,
    Im not entirly sure,Can you get a good close up of the center piece with the eagle?The main flaw of Panasiuk productions is that the back round of the eagle isnt gold,While on original pre-war and Exile ones it is.

Heres a picture of Panasiuks work and a original Exile version,Try to spot which one is which

Regards
    Emil

P.s If Im wrong about it being a Panasiuk copy Its most likely to be a Exile version and not a pre-war,Pre-war Virtuti Militari`s had a different style
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Page 41 of 148 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 91 141 ... LastLast