Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 55 of 148 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 105 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

?

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your quick reply.
    Could you please also express your feelings on the badge value ?
    What would the fair price for it be ?
    Thanks
    P.

?

Normally "we" tend to steer clear of trying to value badges here, for the simple reason that the market trends can be in some circumstances way up on expected.

... However, the last "e-bayed" 14th .. was pushing the £200 + GBP mark, and that was some months back ..

Regards

Gary J.

?

agreeing with Gary
    as to approx value..
    any badges of the 1st armrd div at the 200 pound level seem like a pretty decent price to pay.......

?

agreeing with Gary
    as to approx value..
    seems like a very good price to pay....

Further to Tony's post from page 21 and my post form page 51 of this forum - regarding the badge of 15 Lancers of 2 Corp

I have just spotted an interesting difference between 2 badges
    Look at the pictures and specifically the Polish Flag in the Top Left corner of both badges - White and Red Colours of Polish Flag are "upside down" on the badge from my post (documents in the background)

Interesting detail - looks like the Egyptian manufacturer made a mistake on one of the badges.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    And while on the topic of Egyptian made badges . . . one of my personal favorite Polish badge designs.

15th Poznan Ulan Regiment (15 Pułk Ułanow Poznanzkich)
    Polish 2nd Corps

~33mm. Pre-war pattern retained. Two part construction of cast silver and brass components.

Presumably made by P. Minassian – Cairo.

I found this brief but fascinating account of the badge’s history:

From the 1997 book by Tadeusz Jeziorowski "Odznaka 15 Pulku Ulanow Poznanskich" (The Badge of the 15th Poznan Ulan Regiment):

The regiments commanding officer Rotmistrz (Cavalry Captain) Kiedacz approached Gen. Anders to obtain authorization for production of regimental badges. A quantity of 800 was authorized. Rtm. Kiedacz then consulted an Egyptian engraver and submitted his own badge (which he had carried out of Poland; made by Wiktor Gontarczyk of Warsaw) as a sample to be reproduced exactly. The instructions also stipulated that the original Gontarczyk fastener details be reproduced. Armed with his instructions the maker set out to produce the badge as faithfully to the original as possible (which was a die stamped badge) using the sand casting method.

I'd say the final results were quite successful.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Fellows
    Finally I had some time to take pictures.
    Very interesting statistics re 3 DSK – information sourced form 3DSk – monumental book (2 volumes by mr Mlotek and Co)

I find those statistics very usefully when it comes to “ranking” regimental badges of regiments within the 3 DSK on relative basis

Hope You will find them useful
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Dear members.

After much searching online for information about the Polish part of my collection that I inherited from my grandfather
    (medal collector before and after WW2), I found this great forum which I hope can help me understand my Polish items.

I never believed these badge was so exciting until I read these pages. Are they real or old replicate?

Greetings
    Martin Denmark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  
    Last edited by Martin DK; 07-16-2010 at 01:59 AM.

?

Quote by Martin DK View Post
    Dear members.

After much searching online for information about the Polish part of my collection that I inherited from my grandfather
    (medal collector before and after WW2), I found this great forum which I hope can help me understand my Polish items.

I never believed these badge was so exciting until I read these pages. Are they real or old replicate?

Greetings
    Martin Denmark
    Hello Martin
    I think that Your badges are copies. Put photo of reverse. The cross with "P" on rigcht side is "Krzyż Oświęcimski" and looks good. Badge in the middle of lower row is from tsarist Russia.
    Regards
    Orkan

Thanks Orkan.

I belive that the bolts on the back was cut away for about 35-40
    years ago when they were hung up. how can one know for sure what
    is orginalt and what is copy? And are copies of any value?

Regards
    Martin

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

?

Quote by Martin DK View Post
    Thanks Orkan.

I belive that the bolts on the back was cut away for about 35-40
    years ago when they were hung up. how can one know for sure what
    is orginalt and what is copy? And are copies of any value?

Regards
    Martin
    Unfortunately I think that those badges are fake. Probably all of them was made by graver Andrzej Panasiuk. He makes them to this day - look on the link to his site.
    Grawer Andrzej Panasiuk - Krzy?e,ordery,odznaczenia,dystynktoria,odznaki pu?kowe
    There is no simple way to identify a copy. Older collectors are based on huge knowledge. Nowadays there are copies, that we can recognize only under a microscope. This also includes the legitimacy of the badges. They are printing on old paper in great quality.
    Most of the officers' badges on the back should have number - but those numbers are also made by counterfeiters.
    Polish pre WWII gravers where very good craftsmen, and them products were perfect with very nice details - it is the first thing you need to pay attention.
    Regards
    Orkan

Page 55 of 148 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 105 ... LastLast