Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 60 of 148 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 110 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Hey Ericzg and welcome to the forum

Looks like you have a pre-war eagle sadly with its crown cut off probably done early post-war

And the badge appears to be a sappers badge I think, can we get better pictures of the front and back?

Thanks

Regards
    Emil

Fellows
    Another interesting subject to discuss
    The shoulder patch of the 1 PAMOT of 1 Armoured Division (1 motorised artillery regiment)
    The badge, which itself is very difficult to find, has been posted on the Forum previously.

However we have never discussed the Patch. The Patch had an old history dating back to Dytiatyn battle in 1920 with Bolsheviks. The 4th battery distinguished itself and Patch was granted to the regiment to commemorate the sacrifice – the tradition was carried before 39 and in the Regiment re-activated in the west

I do not have it in my collection – however, I have managed to collect the pictures.

I am not sure which is OK (perhaps all / perhaps none)

Below are the 2 sold by the US dealer in the famous string of Polish transactions 2-3 months ago.

Please post your pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

More pictures
    Another pattern
    Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

?

Here is a way better picture to help you guys to help me to find the regiment of this badge.

Thanks!

?

and here is the back:

3mk
    ?

Hey Ericzg,
    I havent seen a badge like this, so I cant help you find out the regiment but im sure someone will know

Also, is the crown on the eagle black enemal or does it have no crown at all ?

?

It hasnt got a crown at all. Ive searched everywhere, but could not find anything about this beautiful badge...

Quote by ericzg View Post
    Here is a way better picture to help you guys to help me to find the regiment of this badge.

Thanks!
    Hello ericzg,

This is the pre-WW2 Officer’s Engineering School badge (and technically should be posted in the pre-war section of this forum). The black / blue enamel denotes the Signals division of the military school. Unfortunately, this one has had the crown removed from the eagle, something that sadly was done to pre-war Polish badges that were used during the Soviet controlled Polish People’s Army era. This badge is every bit as rare as it is beautiful.

Pictured below is how it looked with the crown in place.

Regards ,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Wow, man, thank you, you are the best! Do you know where can I find more about it?

Regards,
    Eric

Hi Eric,

No problem, happy to help. As far as any more information about the badge, there really isn’t much out there. Very little information about pre-war Polish manufacture has survived. With the majority of Polish badge and decoration manufacture centered in Warsaw, all it takes is a look at a 1945 photograph of the utter devastation of the city to understand why. As you know, Hitler ordered that the city be razed to the ground in revenge for the Warsaw uprising of 1944, and this was executed building by building with typical Teutonic thoroughness.

The picture posted was taken from a small book issued a couple of years ago devoted to pre-war military school badges, which has the most detailed info in my references. I don’t have the book with me at the moment, but from memory here’s what I can offer:

- this is the career officer version of the badge, and by 1937/38 only about 60 were issued
    - official maker was Wiktor Gontarczyk of Warsaw (so your spinner marked to a different maker is likely a replacement for the lost original)
    - two versions exist – one with slightly lighter blue enamel

I’ll take another look through the reference books and pass along anything new I dig up.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 60 of 148 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 110 ... LastLast