Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 61 of 148 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 71 111 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Hi ericzg,

Are there any signs on the eagle head of a crown being removed? The photo looks as though it was made without a crown? The mounting pins don't look as though they have been damaged to remove the eagle and enable the crown to be filed away? IMO one couldn't remove the crown and not remove the eagle from the enamelled backing. If it was done in situ the enamel and metal surround would be damaged around the eagle's head? Maybe it is just the angle of the photo that doesn't show any evidence of reworking to the badge?

A very nicely sculpted badge from a quality maker!

A more general question: I wonder if any of the names of individual sculptors working for the various jewellers exist?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Now that i have seen it thoroughly, i believe that the crown was removed. It is still a beautiful badge anyway. I see why you guys collect badges, it is very cool to see the backgrounds of it. Does this badge means that he was a sapper back there in the war? And what was the purpose of removing the crown in the eastern front?

Hello!

Only the 3rd one in my opinion can be ok, but im not sure. This patch is an unique, i haven't had any in my hands.

Best Regards

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    Another interesting subject to discuss
    The shoulder patch of the 1 PAMOT of 1 Armoured Division (1 motorised artillery regiment)
    The badge, which itself is very difficult to find, has been posted on the Forum previously.

However we have never discussed the Patch. The Patch had an old history dating back to Dytiatyn battle in 1920 with Bolsheviks. The 4th battery distinguished itself and Patch was granted to the regiment to commemorate the sacrifice – the tradition was carried before 39 and in the Regiment re-activated in the west

I do not have it in my collection – however, I have managed to collect the pictures.

I am not sure which is OK (perhaps all / perhaps none)

Below are the 2 sold by the US dealer in the famous string of Polish transactions 2-3 months ago.

Please post your pictures.

Quote by MichalMag View Post
    Hello!

Only the 3rd one in my opinion can be ok, but im not sure. This patch is an unique, i haven't had any in my hands.

Best Regards
    Here's a genuine bullion thread officer grade version. I have also seen the perimeter border in silver bullion.

Regards,
    T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Here are two on display at the Sikorski Museum:

Regards,
    T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Tony
    Many Thanks – looks like we have managed to clarify the issue by gathering more info on this interesting Patch.
    1 PAMOT was an interesting regiment – the badge itself f had a few variations. A few pictures have been posted on the Forum.
    However, i have never seen the “workshop made version” like the one shown in literature

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Here are two on display at the Sikorski Museum:

Regards,
    T.

Fellows
    For the records on the forum

Artillery School Badge (city of Torun) – Polish Free Forces Re-Make for the Ex-students and members of 1 Polish Armoured Division.
    Unfortunately, I do not know the production statistics.
    Has anybody got more pictures? From the literature, i understand that there have been 2 versions.

Recently sold on Ebay – 285£
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Hi wadowicznic,

Thanks for posting these pictures. In your opinion is that a genuine SPA badge? Do you have any other pictures of a Steinhauer made SPA badge?

Regards,
    Tony

Tony
    This are pictures I have of Stainhouer made and “assumed to be genuine badge” – I do not have he badge so I can not make the judgement on the Allegro sold one.
    However, the picture attached speaks the volume.

What do You / Other Fellows think?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi wadowicznic,

Thanks for posting these pictures. In your opinion is that a genuine SPA badge? Do you have any other pictures of a Steinhauer made SPA badge?

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Wadowicznic – many thanks for the pics. Very helpful. According to Krzystztof Barbarski in Zeszyt Specjalny No. 1, London 1985 this is the correct set up, with the R. Dalkowski marked spinner. Dalkowski was the original maker of the pre-war version of this badge. It appears that Steinhauer reproduced the pre-war spinner, similar to Minassian with his 15th Lancers reproducing the Gontarczyk pre-war spinner.

If the Sawicki book can be trusted, it shows two variations of the badge – one with dull brass flaming grenade, and the other with bright brass finish components. Your picture suggests that the former version came equipped with the Dalkowski spinner. My picture archives contain a bright brass version (like the one that sold) that has the familiar thin disc spinner marked “Made in Germany” found on may of the Steinhauer products. I don't have it with me at the moment and will strive to post later.

Thanks again,Tony

Page 61 of 148 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 71 111 ... LastLast