Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 66 of 148 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 116 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

the hardest question in the universe is " who were Grupa Techniczna Sztabu Naczelnego Wodza " and where were they based ? . London does not count ! were they responsible for the manufacture of other badges ? I have a few clues but nothing factual.

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    the hardest question in the universe is " who were Grupa Techniczna Sztabu Naczelnego Wodza " and where were they based ? . . .
    Agreed . . almost the hardest question in the universe. Following only “If light has no mass how can it get trapped in a Black Hole?”.

GFC, surely you have an answer for us . . .
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

never believe EVERYTHING you read in a book or see on television. without deviating too much and diluting things it is my opinion that all these physicists et al, in between birth and death drift through life dreaming up theories and getting paid for it.

?

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    in between birth and death drift through life dreaming up theories
    Hey man, stop attacking some of our fellow members on this forum

I did not know that some fellow forum members were nuclear physicists, cosmologists, particle accelerator operatives , quantum mechanic theorists and the like. How do you know that Black Holes exist ? My tongue is still firmly stuck in cheek.

GFC
    ?

HI Kids.....

Been out of town in the land of my birth, and will post more on that later.

The " Grupa Techniczna Sztabu Naczelnego Wodza " was organized under Polish Forces Signals and was instrumental in the development of various radio transmitters and receivers, but these talented people did have some time on their hands, and produced the first parachute badges issued in 1941, and then the dies were used for a subsequent production.

The were located in London, as stated on the marked screw fasteners. I cannot provide either their street address, or reference to the orders for the badges, and our dear Major Lorys has left us a long time ago. . .

?

GFC, .. good to see you back with us ....

I've checked out a few of the "London" addresses, and the only "technical one" that jumps out is the Military Technical Institute at 61 Stanhope Gardens SW1.

.. But there again ... I did read this from a book

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by GFC View Post
    HI Kids.....

Been out of town in the land of my birth, and will post more on that later.

The " Grupa Techniczna Sztabu Naczelnego Wodza " was organized under Polish Forces Signals and was instrumental in the development of various radio transmitters and receivers, but these talented people did have some time on their hands, and produced the first parachute badges issued in 1941, and then the dies were used for a subsequent production.

The were located in London, as stated on the marked screw fasteners. I cannot provide either their street address, or reference to the orders for the badges, and our dear Major Lorys has left us a long time ago. . .

Quote by GFC View Post
    The " Grupa Techniczna Sztabu Naczelnego Wodza " was organized under Polish Forces Signals and was instrumental in the development of various radio transmitters and receivers.
    Weren't the Polish Signals based in workshops in Stanmore, Middlesex [working on developemnts of the Peepschtock, a crystal controlled five microvolt transmitter-receiver originally smuggled out of Poland in 1939 and made by ABA in Warszawa]. If so could this have also been where the " Grupa Techniczna Sztabu Naczelnego Wodza " workshops were? There were 4 workshop huts at Stanmore with nine officers and forty-three other ranks working on production. Then Zbigniew Siemasko, the author and historian might know as he was working with Polish signals at Stanmore.
    Last edited by StefanM; 11-21-2010 at 09:36 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Hi

...and something made by Polish Army Radio-Workshop at Stanmore:

Model BP3

The Radio Society of Harrow has one and they want repair it.
    The Radio Society of Harrow

I took this pictures at 1940's event in Bushey this year.

Regards
    Seb
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

One of these Peepschtocks popped up on ebay a couple of years ago for around $1200.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 66 of 148 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 116 ... LastLast