Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 68 of 148 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Fellows
    For the record on the forum – Engineers of 5KDP
    Very good quality pictures.
    Badge recently sold on Ebay – price 329£

I have sot say – I do not know much about the Engineers of 5KDP (numbers, actions etc).
    However, numbers may be similar to Engineers of 3DSK

Perhaps one of You is aware of good materials so that we can establish clues about the rarity of the badge
    From my experience – over years – I have seen this badge only 2 times.

I assume the badge was bought by a Forum member – so congratulations
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

?

Hi all,
    I wish to submit to your attention my Sappers Badge of 5KDP, the former owner said that it comes from the Lorioli’s factory.
    I wonder if it is an original.
    I found it without spinner, but the strange is that a Lorioli spinner doesn’t fit to the screw! The spinner is a little bit larger than the screw!
    The reverse seems to be unfinished, and the black enamel is defective in the bottom part, some red enamel is on it.
    The size is mm. 41,2 x 20,08, thick 1,6, weight 8,2 grams.

Original, fake, prototype, defective item?

Thank you for the information you will give to me.
    Regards

Enzo

Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Hello!

Enca, i nmy opinion your badge is fake.

Best Regards
    Michal

Hi Enca,

I am sorry to have to agree with MichalMag. Your badge is not genuine. I can say this with absolute certainty because three years ago I fell victim to one of these as well. It was a purchase based on the seller’s good reputation but rather weak pictures. An expensive mistake for me. As they say, live and learn. The only problem is that in this hobby the process can be very costly and painful.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Jim
    ?

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Hi Everybody,

I have finally located the tobacco tin my Grandad gave me with his badges etc. and I'd like to find out more about them. Unfortunately my Grandmother worked in the stores at the school of military survey and gave me some contemporary British badges and insignia so there is a chance things have got mixed up over the years.

Here are the badges I know about:

Eagle Cap Badge

2-Corps badge

8th Army

Poland shoulder badges

His cap

(not sure where the other button is, I thought both were there).

Now we come to some items I am less sure about:

What are these? Rivets? Cufflinks?

Is this part of his insignia or a medal bar, or is it a REME flash that has got mixed up?

Finally I have this:

I have no idea if this is part of my Grandads uniform, or a more recent British army badge, or something entirely unrelated that has found it's way into the box the cap was in (it wasn't in the tin with the rest).

Also in the tin were some coins, what appears to be a St Antonius medal, another item which looks like it is carved from mother of pearl, and a silver thimble.

My Grandad has never talked very much about the war and lives at the opposite end of the country or I would ask him myself, although last time I talked to him about the badges I didn't really understand (it was probably 20 years ago). I do know he escaped from Austria and joined the 8th Army in Italy, but I have no idea when or what unit he joined.

Any tips welcome!

Jim

Jim
    ?

The last badge in my post above has been identified as a Royal Engineers formation badge and nothing to do with my Gradads uniform.

Anyone got any ideas about the flash above it?

Regards

Jim

?

Cap Badge looks like a classic "Workshop" Middle East Casting.

Gary J.

Jim
    ?

Thanks Gary,
    I know very little on the subject other than what I have read on the forum but I was starting to wonder if the cap badge was made in the field due to the lack of detail.
    Is the fastening broken or did workshop made badges just not have them? I wonder if it was sewn to the cap using the holes in the eagle's claws?

Regards

Jim

Quote by Jim View Post
    . . . Anyone got any ideas about the flash above it?
    Hello Jim and Merry Christmas,

These colours represent the Polish equivalent of the EME branch, called the Oddziały Warsztatowo – Naprawcze (repair shop / service units). The colours are also reflected in the uniform collar pennons for these units.

The colour band below is typical of the type used to identify branches of the 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division (Polish 2nd Corps). See below for an example (the white band here is for the Carpathian Lancers) . A black band represents the Headquarters of the 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division. Although I cannot say for certain that this is what this particular insignia was for.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year 2011

Small request – can somebody post the pictures of the 16 Dragoons’ Badge (white cross) recently listed on the Ebay UK.
    I have overlooked the mark the auction in my archives and therefore can-not post the pictures.
    However, I think it is interesting to set out some statistics re 16 Dragoons.

According the monumental book – Polska Bron Pancerna – by W Zebrowski the regiment had; 45 Officers and 908 other ranks in May 1945. Actually it was the biggest regiment of the 16 Independent Armored Brigade (IAB). Interestingly 16 IAB had many Poles ex German Army (initially forcibly conscripted and then subsequently taken POW by Allied Forces in Western Europe and Italy in 1944 and 45).

Despite relatively high nrs – I have not seen this badge often in the past.

Page 68 of 148 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 ... LastLast