Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 82 of 148 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 132 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimental Badges WW2

It is 306 Squadron Torunski

?

Thank you Mariusz.

Note. All the badges shown here came from my home town, where there is/was a large Polish community.
    Pete

Here's my SPA badge and its accompanying legitymacia. I also have (somewhere!) the course completion certificate and the notes for prospective SPA students. Belonged to my dad, who was an officer cadet when war broke out.

I'm just someone who enjoys militaria for what it is - and the stories behind the objects. I like the fact that being able to attach a verifiable story or a chain of events to an item makes it far more interesting.

Have to confess though, I'm more of a sucker for books and documents...
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

?

the badge and award document are as rare as it gets.

It is a beautiful set, in great condition, you are lucky to have such set, do you have any picture of your dad from WWII time?

Quote by wood View Post
    I post this one just out of interest. It came with the squadron badge, it is made of lead, supposedly made in a POW camp.
    Pete, first off thanks for the picture of the reverse of the SPRA. It would be good to see the actual rear face of the badge to get a glimpse of an original example as these have been widely faked. But under the circumstamces it's better left alone.

This pilot's wing is actually an example made in England in the aircraft shops for Polish pilots congregating there after the fall of France. This was before formal production by established firms such as Gaunt, Spink, and others. They served as replacements for those that were lost. If you look closely on the reverse you'll often see the pre-war maker's name "Knedler" reproduced in these.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by Reynard View Post
    Here's my SPA badge and its accompanying legitymacia. . . .
    Hi Reynard, and many thanks for sharing this wonderful set with us. That badge has always been a personal favorite. And as mentioned earlier, one of the rarest of the exile forces badges - all the more so with the matching document. This one easily rates a full

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Well Tony, I always took the story with a pinch of salt, and didn't know whether to post it at first, now I am glad I did. That makes it more interesting in my eyes. I have been sitting here looking at the pitch of the screw and thinking that it doesn't look continental.
    Pete

Hi Pete, it's a perfectly authentic early war wing. Here's my example which belonged to Fl. Lt. Michal Michniewicz, VM, KWx2, of the 318th Squadron.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Reynard, and many thanks for sharing this wonderful set with us. That badge has always been a personal favorite. And as mentioned earlier, one of the rarest of the exile forces badges - all the more so with the matching document. This one easily rates a full

Cheers,
    Tony
    It's a pleasure to share it with folks who appreciate such things.

Now I understand why a certain academic was far more interested in purchasing the badge from me than telling me about it when I originally contacted him for help with identification... That was a fair while back though, before I found the accompanying (and self-explanatory) paperwork - only came across that the other day whilst sorting through a case of assorted bits.

Mariusz, attached below is a photo of my dad taken about the same time as the badge was awarded. He is on the left, with his younger brother Janusz in the middle and my grandfather, Artur on the right.

Enjoy,

Witty.

Page 82 of 148 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 132 ... LastLast