Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 87 of 148 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 137 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Fellows
    Well researched topic – Polish WW2 Pilot’s Badge by Gaunt & Sons Ltd London – true classic of the Polish Collection

Browsing the recent offers / finished auctions on the Ebay - I have just noticed an interesting picture.

Please notice the finishing of the ‘wieszaczek” at the end of the chain of this particular badge – it is sharp / pointy (please see the picture with the red circle).

My experience with Gaunt’s Wings (I know this badge from various collections / pictures and I have one too) is that the finishing of the “wieszaczek” is not sharp (please see the pictures to exemplify the point).

I am wondering what the experience of You Fellows is?

This may just be an alteration with no significance at all, or could be a feature that the manufacturer applied to a small issue (most likely randomly).

Perhaps in addition to the versions a) “with crack” and b) without – both discussed on the forum before – we may actually add one more – this would be interesting.
    Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Hi James, I have a UK address and bid/purchase on Allegro with no problems...maybe you are not completing the form correctly? I also use PayU service which I find the simplest form of payment of Allegro purchases with a CC unless you have a Polish Bank account or use money transfer from UK bank which is very expensive on smaller purchases as the fees are around £14 minimum for the facility on top of the payment itself. I have often just sent cash but this is quite risky even with Royal Mails registered airmail as the mail is only tracked leaving the UK and NOT once outside Britain... a mighty Royal Mail rip-off IMO!!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Default 10th Dragoons regimental badge

Dear Fellow Collectors, I need assistance with the proper examination of that particular example of 10th Dragoons Regimental badge that is said to be manufactured by Steinhauer, Germany. The case is whether the badge is an original one or post war issue (fake/copy/Veteran's).
    Would you please provide your expertise ?
    Thanks in advance for your time and prospective help.
    Attachment 366924Attachment 366925Attachment 366926Attachment 366927

Hello,
    I can't help you... I see no pucture...
    ZP

?

Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Hi, below my post you should see four links :Attachment 366924 etc. then they should open in new windows.
    Last edited by 11bz; 07-05-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Thanks I'll give it another go
    Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Hi James, I have a UK address and bid/purchase on Allegro with no problems...maybe you are not completing the form correctly? I also use PayU service which I find the simplest form of payment of Allegro purchases with a CC unless you have a Polish Bank account or use money transfer from UK bank which is very expensive on smaller purchases as the fees are around £14 minimum for the facility on top of the payment itself. I have often just sent cash but this is quite risky even with Royal Mails registered airmail as the mail is only tracked leaving the UK and NOT once outside Britain... a mighty Royal Mail rip-off IMO!!

Hello,
    I have got a "german made" for this beast regimental badge.
    Mine is more quality...
    ZP

jojo
    ?

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Hello everyone! I hope i am posting in the right place! I am new to this site today and found it trying to research some badges and pins i have come across. I have no experience in this field so, other than thinking they are Polish, i have no idea what they are. I was hoping someone here could please help?! Many thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Default Re: 10th Dragoons regimental badge

Quote by 11bz View Post
    Dear Fellow Collectors, I need assistance with the proper examination of that particular example of 10th Dragoons Regimental badge that is said to be manufactured by Steinhauer, Germany. The case is whether the badge is an original one or post war issue (fake/copy/Veteran's). . .
    Hello 11bz, badge looks good to me. It has all of the correct characteristics of a Steinhauer. There are slight production variations with these which might help explain the quality issue mentioned by Ze-pole. Also, the flash photography might be distorting the actual appearance of the badge. If possible please post pictures of it under natural light. Also, Ze-pole - can you post pictures of your badge?

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello,
    Possibly indeed a problem with the flash...
    Mea culpa !

Mine is more qaality ; but I didn't know the severalversions were made by the same producer ; I have learnt new ; thank you :

Best regards.
    ZP

Page 87 of 148 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 137 ... LastLast